Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2013, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Reliant K1000 Quote
My LBA has subsided for now, only because I inherited another LBA-stricken photographer's collection recently.

The guy who taught me all about photography passed away about 3 years ago and his family are now finally able to go through his things and asked me "you still use your Pentax camera? Here, have this box of photography stuff. Scott would have wanted that."

2 bodies, 4 zooms, 3 flashes, filters galore and 2 primes I don't have later and I'm a happy boy. Overjoyed, really, because the equipment means so much .

Getting this reignited my love of photography. Or at least fanned the flames into yet a bigger bonfire!
Thanks for your story ... enjoy - J

01-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Petrus_One Quote
Finally a thread for me ;-)
-------------------------------------------------
My name is Peter. I got LBA, CBA and NCLLAI-R (Nikon Complete Lens Line Amnesia Issue - Reversible).

Guess I should start using all this glass to find out what suits me best - and pass on all remainings.

That's all folks!! ..... got to check the e-bay...... think I saw a nice K-mount prime for a decent price ;-)

P_1
Good luck and enjoy all that new gear ... J
01-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When you own more than 3 50mm lenses you clearly suffer from LBA...
01-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
When you own more than 3 50mm lenses you clearly suffer from LBA...
Then guilty of excessive LBA ... J

01-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SMC Takumar 50 1.4/M 50 F4Macro/A50 1.7/F50 1.7/FA43 f1.9Limited....I need help
01-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Codazzle Quote
So i started in Pentax about 4 years ago with a K10D+Kit Lens and an old M42 50m f1.4 lens when I was a poor student. My buddy got me a Fish Eye one year (which I love), and thats what I had for a couple of years.

After I bought my K-5 about a year and a half ago (which I planned for for a while), I immediately bought a Da40mm LTD due to size/quality/reviews etc (not planned). I got a small windfall from work (ie a couple hundred dollars), and bought a DA* 55mm a year ago (which I also planned for, as I felt I paid my dues with the old SMC 50mm ), I decided I needed just ONE MORE lens to complete what I wanted, and bought the 18-250 (which isn't terribly expensive comparably). Since then I bought a Sigma 28mm f1.8 to shoot indoors without flash (not planned), then promptly got a FA31mm LTD as I fell in love with the focal length (not planned).

Now I'm thinking I NEED a 15mm LTD, to pair with the K-01 I've just been gifted for Christmas and shoot the city/wide scenes I've been thinking of.... or do I simply WANT a 15mm LTD?

Is there any diagnosis for LBA?! I'm guessing this is the wrong place to ask isn't it?
perfect place to ask the question

Basically LBA is the continuing feeling, regardless of equipment you own, that you need one more lens
01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
Forum Member

I think LBA is over. Got today just a silver KX in perfect condition for..... never mind - cheap (no kiddin') , and ME+ winder - just love the sound of continues flip-flap..... costed just pennies.
And......ok..... did it.... got a K-mount/M42 reduction...... NEED HELP!!!!
-----------------------
My wife is a wise woman and is not very interested what I do as hobby unless a bank account is not clear before the end of the month.

I also got a deep drawer.... actually 4 of them. It helps ;-)

Other fact is that I do relocate funds from my knives collection to cameras and lenses.
---------------------------
Forgot to say - got a 2x Soligor teleconverter - but 1 month old, so it doesn't count to LBA. Does it?

01-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Pentaxian

I've been a big-time lineup shifter due to LBA. Once the lineup seems set for good, a lens pops up in your personal (and never static) 'must-have' list. The DA40 did that, and rendered my 50 macro superflous to me - then the DA70 put a few others on the shelf or on the block. Now I would call myself 'immune' but I've said so at least twice and been very wrong though calling myself 'broke' seems pretty effective right now; a new car won out and belts will be a notch tighter for a while!
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #24
Forum Member

On Nikon DSLR left the LBA no air between my Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5,6 and Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3,5-4,5 VR.

Both lenses I just loved. No flash, no anything else. I had D70, my wife got D40 with amazing 18-55mm super-light and sharp piece of plastic and glass (now broken down - unrepairable..... just as it is made. Trash)

Sure reason is that both lenses were 700$ each at the time of purchase. For that cash I could buy Asashi-made optic marvels for few months..... SMC-A 35-105 f/3,5 is just a simple example with it's price of 150$...

Another thing is that my Nikon line-up was so all around-boring that I actually stopped putting my camera to use it at all.............

With Pentax analog manual-all sets fever started the old flames to burn. I have "smoke from my ears" taking these things outside..... do start from beginning to see my world through fast primes.

So much fun!

And as a final - when I come back to my DSLR-Nikon-do-all-and-more-in-a-fraction-of-a-second-and-instantly-show-results-with-no-effort-combo I loose my JAW and stand amazed on how unbelievable tool it can be if I don't forget to just make good use of it.

So as once my Pentax SF7 led me to my Nikon F-801s - same now my analog Pentax-full-drawer leads me to my Nikon again.
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Codazzle Quote
Is there any diagnosis for LBA?! I'm guessing this is the wrong place to ask isn't it?
I got rid of my LBA by writing an article about it! Sort of.
See the link below my signature for the LBA article.
01-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #26
Forum Member

Thanks, psychdoc. Good article. Easy to find correlations between it and my mind to check the stage. Red warning light blinks.
We need friends to lead us back to reality.
Will try quit buys and start pictures ;-).
01-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Mines taken a colour twist, the 135/3.5 preset silver started it,
then the 77 came...
now my black 21 is looking so...black...
was eyeing a silver *istDL the other day
help me
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Mines taken a colour twist, the 135/3.5 preset silver started it,
then the 77 came...
now my black 21 is looking so...black...
was eyeing a silver *istDL the other day
help me
Oh my, this is a bad case. Getting the same lens in varying colours.

My LBA got worse when I discovered I could mount really cheap enlarger lenses for macro focus stacking. They're so cheap that it quickly became collecting for the collecting itself! Oh, and it got worse when I wanted more enlargement, and switched to microscope lenses.
01-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
..... Oh, and it got worse when I wanted more enlargement, and switched to microscope lenses.
I feel your pain, have you looked at telescopes ?
01-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I feel your pain, have you looked at telescopes ?
Neh, luckily, I'm not interested long focal lengths at all.