Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Whats the going price for a 110/110 Super kit?

I'm planning on getting a Q10, and I just remembered somewhere local that may still have a 110 (not sure which model exactly) for sale. The shop is in the basement level of its building, so there is a chance the camera and lenses could have been deep sixed in a flood some years back, but provided that everything is still intact and operable, it could be worthwhile to check out to see if they still have it.

I'd popped in shortly after getting my K-x looking for lenses, and the shopkeep didn't have any - but he mentioned he DID have what he called a Pentax 'spycam' and showed it off to me. In hindsight, it was (probably) a 110 kit, as he pulled it from the steel 110 case Pentax sold back in the day.

Provided going rates aren't too high on the things, and provided the guy doesn't ask too much should he have it still (and provided it still, y'know, works) it may be worth the walk over one of these days to check out.

I scoped out prices on fleaBay, but they mostly seem wildly overpriced for a camera you can't even easily get film for any more so I figured I'd check here.

01-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I'm planning on getting a Q10, and I just remembered somewhere local that may still have a 110 (not sure which model exactly) for sale. The shop is in the basement level of its building, so there is a chance the camera and lenses could have been deep sixed in a flood some years back, but provided that everything is still intact and operable, it could be worthwhile to check out to see if they still have it.

I'd popped in shortly after getting my K-x looking for lenses, and the shopkeep didn't have any - but he mentioned he DID have what he called a Pentax 'spycam' and showed it off to me. In hindsight, it was (probably) a 110 kit, as he pulled it from the steel 110 case Pentax sold back in the day.

Provided going rates aren't too high on the things, and provided the guy doesn't ask too much should he have it still (and provided it still, y'know, works) it may be worth the walk over one of these days to check out.

I scoped out prices on fleaBay, but they mostly seem wildly overpriced for a camera you can't even easily get film for any more so I figured I'd check here.
I picked up a kit just to play around with it and it was under $100 for the camera (which came in the 110 metal case), flash, and 3 lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: