Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think it's funny how this thread became a discussion thread on what to call or how to call bokeh properly. My goal was to get help and not to see people argue over something like this. It's pretty much like football/soccer. On the other part of the world if you call "football", "soccer" they will argue with you saying it's not correct; but in the states they won't because they know what you mean. Anyway in the end I think some people's goals was just to satisfy their hunger and discuss or argue about this kind of stuff in the net and not to genuinely help out; I guess it's something that they live for? something they look forward to? probably their hobby? That's just an opinion from a guy in the internetz and don't get me wrong I don't mean to offend anyone. But I see it, and I'm guessing most of you do.

What I've learned from this thread: People will call things what they want to call it, and majority wins.

Cheers everyone.

01-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Well it's good to know what you're talking about.
If you meant soccer instead of football then the advice you get are also meaningless.

Just go through the thread and see how many different views there are what bokeh means.

You as OP should have explained what you meant when there is confusing about that, but you never did.

As for my goal, that was to get some clarity into what was meant since you didn't do that!
If you meant the background blur or the highlights in the blur why not simply say that instead of using the vague term bokeh were everyone has a different meaning for?

Last edited by Anvh; 01-29-2013 at 06:45 AM.
01-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you sir.

And good day to you.
01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I think it's funny how this thread became a discussion thread on what to call or how to call bokeh properly.
This is the fault of the forum naming scheme. You posted in what they call the "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" forum, but it would be more accurate to call it the "Pentax SLR Lens Argument" forum.

It goes like this: every Argument is a Discussion, but not every Discussion is an Argument. However, every Discussion that takes place on the Internet is an Argument. Therefore using Discussion as a description on an Internet forum is a hopeless piece of optimism.

01-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
This is the fault of the forum naming scheme. You posted in what they call the "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" forum, but it would be more accurate to call it the "Pentax SLR Lens Argument" forum.

It goes like this: every Argument is a Discussion, but not every Discussion is an Argument. However, every Discussion that takes place on the Internet is an Argument. Therefore using Discussion as a description on an Internet forum is a hopeless piece of optimism.
Yeah, I want to call it an "argument" cause to me they're not really "discussing" but in my opinion "arguing" instead. I feel, or more like somebody is just, what do you call them "trolling"?
Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument (Urbandictionary.com)

Well that's just what I feel seeing the posts from above and from other threads. Anyway that's just an opinion from me a guy from the "Internetz".
And for some odd reason it reminds me of those(No offense)"Jesus freaks" that forces what they think is right to other people and just won't back down, and then just starts arguing.
Me personally I share my opinion; if they won't listen, I'm okay with it and I respect that. From the words of the great martial artist "Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own."
Anyway the good thing about this forum is there really are a lot of active people who's intention really is to help-out and I would like to thank them.

Cheers,
A
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Yeah, I want to call it an "argument" cause to me they're not really "discussing" but in my opinion "arguing" instead. I feel, or more like somebody is just, what do you call them "trolling"?
So what exactly do you think you're doing right now? I can understand your frustration to some extent, but you're not helping the situation.
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ikarus Quote
So what exactly do you think you're doing right now? I can understand your frustration to some extent, but you're not helping the situation.
I guess I'm being a hypocrite. Thank you for the smack in the face; I needed that (: I do apologize, it just frustrates me; I guess it is really hard to express what you feel in the internet cause one way or the other you will offend someone. And like they say "You cannot make everybody happy. "

I'm sorry Anvh; I just feel that the way you approached the situation is kind of different to mine that's why I acted the way I acted. I do respect your opinion and I did learn a lot from your posts. And indeed bokeh is a vague word to use. I'm sorry for not being specific. I'll make sure to point out that when I say "bokeh shapes" next time I would mention them as highlights instead.

Cheers,
A

Last edited by MRRiley; 01-31-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: deleting vulgarity
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Good sport,

cheers

Closed Thread