Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #1

Takumar tripod foot a standard size?

Is the detachable tropod foot a standard size for all of the larger Takumars that originally came with a foot that attaches at the back of the lens near the mount?

I'm looking at 300 and 400mm Takumar lens that don't have the tripod foot and wondering if the foot on other Takumars lenses (zooms for example) would fit. I have yet to see a replacement foot for Takumars for sale so I'm guessing they are hard to find and thinking that these larger lenses, which are often for sale without one, will need a sturdy mount for good pictures.

01-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #2

The tripod foot for the 70-150 Super-Takumar is narrower in length and smaller in the ID than the tripod foot I have on the 400 mm S-M-C Takumar. The S-M-C 85-210 Zoom doesn't appear to be set up for a foot.

My guess is that some dissassembly was required to install the foot on the 400 as the split collar would have to be spread quite a bit to slide over the rear prtion of the lens. The diameter of the barrel is even greater as you move towards the front of the lens.

I have used the foot from the 70-150 on the 200 mm 3.5 preset. I don't own a 300mm Takumar so can't help there.

Because there is about 2 3/4 inches of not rotating barrel to work with on the 400mm Super-Takumar you would have a strong chance to find an after-market foot that will do the job.
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, that is what I was wondering. From all that I have read on the forums regarding the larger lenses it seems like a good idea to hold out for the right price with the right foot.