Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Forum Member

Looking for M42 . K-mount front/Back caps ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I want to buy from eBay a group of 5 or more from M42 back caps , K-mount back caps , 5 front M42 caps (51mm) , 1 from each of the following 52mm , 55mm , 58mm , 77mm front caps for k mount lenses ???

Is there any seller that can sell 5 for each type ??

01-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup
M42 rear caps: 10 x Rear Lens Cap for Pentax Takumar M42 Screw Camera | eBay
K rear caps: 10 Rear Lens Cap Cover Pentax PK 55 300mm 18 55mm | eBay

The others might be harder to find, but I'd do a search!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Search eBay for "5pcs center pinch lens cap", you should get a fair number of merchants to choose from, ditto for m42 and PK mount rear caps. 51mm, m42 front caps, do you mean the slip-on type metal/plastic caps? Better solution is 49mm center pinch lens caps. I've just bought 5pce each from 49 to 77mm center pinch lens caps to replace all of the original side pinch caps (much more convenient if the lens hood is mounted), I had to buy from 3 different sellers because no one seller had all of the sizes listed on their catalog.
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amazon has them. They're a tad expensive depending upon the seller but there are several sellers there that sell both the front and backs sometimes in pairs.

01-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I normally start with this vendor:

HeavyStar Photo Gears Home Page

also on eBay, because his rear caps are good enough and cheap. They have a flange that coves the whole mount so they're nice for lenses with contacts.

He sells a variety of sizes and quantities, and after about an hour, I can usually put together an order of exactly what I need. I try hard not to buy from a second supplier because no matter who it is, it takes a while to get the right cap and quantity at a good price.
01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yep, eBay is a decent place to source that kind of stuff.

One caution regarding M-42 rear caps. I bought a couple of metal ones from heavystar on eBay that were not deep enough for most M42 lenses and can be a problem with any lens having protruding glass on the rear element. The back inner surface of the cap actually contacts the rear element glass on a couple of my lenses. Sooo...if the cap looks a little skinny in the picture, it might not be the best option.

By the way, this post was not meant to be a negative comment on heavystar. I have bought the majority of my caps and hoods from him over the years and consider him to be a great eBay merchant (see Dave's comment above). There was just this one case where the item was not appropriate.

Steve