Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Breaking Out the ZX-M

I was rummaging through my camera stuff the last few days and broke out the ZX-M. It got me thinking I should really take it out with me when I'm out with the K-x. I bought the ZX-M new because I wanted a manual camera to make me do a little more work. (Trying to relive my ME Super Days, I suppose.) I have fun with it but it's been in a small camera bag unused for a long time. Having a DSLR has made me a better photographer since I can see what I'm doing right/wrong quickly and make corrections. I've also done a lot of reading on techniques and all that so I think I will get some nicer results than I used to with film. Not that I was terrible, but I didn't get the shot I was looking for as often as I should've like I am more apt to with the K-x (and my increased knowledge).

From reading in the Forum film section this morning it looks like my lenses without aperture rings may not be my first choice (although they will work). I have plenty of options with manual lenses so it's a good excuse to break those out too. I ordered the battery grip from Amazon yesterday, so should see that this week. I figure it will pay for itself eventually. I have a new Epson V500 scanner so I can scan my own negatives.

I haven't done much B&W film and would like to concentrate on that, I think. Any recommendations on what B&W film to get, where from and the cost? I've bookmarked North Coast and Dwayne's for processing. I suppose living in Washington it would be quicker shipping time for Cali-based North Coast, but probably not a big deal either way.