Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #16

I own both lenses. They are both designed for different purposes so having both of them is not unreasonable. The 50-135mm is much better for travel as it is literally half the weight of a FX 70-200mm. This is a much more useful focal lenght for landscape, plays, indoor and people photography. The fact that is has internal zooming means that it is much easier to handle. There are many times where I find this lens too short. However, since it is sharp, I can crop it without too much problems.

The 60-250mm is much more heavier and I only bring this lens if I need a reason to use it. Another good reason to get the 50-135mm lens is that everything you have right now is compatible with it. The hood and filters (67mm) are all the same. You want to add lenses to your collection that can share things like filters. It saves money and make your life a lot easier. Yes, you can buy a step up or down ring, but will your hoods fit afterwards?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da*, handling, k-mount, lenses, pentax lens, size, slr lens