Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
I'd probably go with the KR/55-300 and K01/18-55 ready to go with the K01 available to shoot the primes when time allows. I've never had success with super-wide landscapes, I suspect due to a lack of context in my shots.

Just as an FYI and if you should be interested, I practice what I call "In the footsteps of Ansel Adams" when we travel on vacation and I find we're in areas where Adams shot some of his photographs. The drive along the east side of Grand Teton NP between Moran Junction and Moose Junction on highway 191 includes a Snake River Overlook which is practically where Adams set up for his Snake River photograph.

Tetons and Snake River by Ansel Adams

It's a fun challenge for our vacations and it takes just a few minutes for a stop. When I know we may see such an opportunity I pack my old film camera, a 28mm, and a roll of B&W film in the trunk of our car. And it's always fun answering the "how did you know where that spot was" question from my wife.
That was a great idea. Im going to include this on my trip. Its a "no brainer". I visited the link, and wondered if today is that shot is the same or is there man made objects in view ? The snake river really "snakes" in his representation .