Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

DA* 50-135mm = Jaw dropping amazing

Wow, I upgraded from the kit lens pair of 18-55mm and 50-200mm to this baby... let me just say, this lens is amazing. Wide open, its sharp as hell, my poor kit lenses stopped down could never even come close. Everything else is miles ahead as well - contrast, colors, that "popping" feeling of the scenes, and the bokeh is so smooth and creamy with all 9 aperture blades.

Took it out for a short spin today:

Some small cons:

I noticed some purple fringing during scenes of high contrast, such as shooting a picture of my friend wearing dark brown with his back to the bright sun.

The lens is not that heavy, but after a while it begins to feel a bit big and heavy - especially if an external flash is attached (Sigma EF 530 DG Super).

Would a battery grip help the weight and balance issue?

02-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Look into the grip, makes the combo sooooo much more comfortable.

Congrats on the lens!
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Good thing you didn't drop your new lens out the window there

Welcome to the 50-135 club, I'm a new member also - just got mine last week. The only problem with this lens is that it's spoiling me a bit... And is making me lust after the new DA* they have coming out this year.