Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know, as the 'what's a normal lens' debate goes, I kind of want that 43, both cause on film, I like 40's and 58s over 35s and 50s, and cause I've found that in my attempts to keep an open mind about the new-to-me APS-C format, I rather like what the kit lens does around there, (I've been kind of using this for 'focal length shopping:' I also decided I really wanted a 28, a FL I'm rather lukewarm on in full frame.) ...something subjectively-appealing about how the magnification and framing come together.

Maybe I just like smaller chunks of 'true normal,' whatever you can say that is. It's definitely a fun thing about Pentax, you get a lot of choices in where your prime lenses are, for FL, if you've developed some tastes about these moderate lengths.

02-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
as the 'what's a normal lens' debate goes, I kind of want that 43, both cause on film, I like 40's and 58s over 35s and 50s, and cause I've found that in my attempts to keep an open mind about the new-to-me APS-C format, I rather like what the kit lens does around there
You know, you might be the first photographer I've heard express a preference for that specific combination of focal lengths (40 & 58 on film). I've kind of settled on a 28/40 "normal" combo on APS-C, which is of course pretty much the same thing. I suspect 28/43 will work nicely for you.
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I'm sure he doesn't love the FA limiteds any less, but when the DA35 came out, he said it "ranks right up there with the best lenses Iíve ever used in any format". It's safe to say that one at least is now on his short list of best autofocus lenses.
Be sure to check out his ravings about the DA35 here:
An Optical Paragon - photo.net
02-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
WOW!, the article made me proud to be a Pentaxian!

Peter, I am sorry to hear you no longer have the Fa31 mm. I remember when you first got the lens and posted a couple of shots of a snow covered bridge. I made some sort of off handed comment about the snow since I live in the south, but I remember at that time putting the lens on my wish list. I have not purchased it yet but hope to one day.