Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Heckuva month for LBA

After keeping things in check for quite some time, LBA took hold in a big way this month.

First the long-time itch for a DA 21mm started getting to me. Found one just above my target price of $350 on eBay and pulled the trigger.

Not satisfied with that (apparently), I started thinking about how fun it would be to have a fisheye for an upcoming trip to Hawaii. I also had an Amazon gift card from the holidays so, boom!, a Samyang (Bower) 8mm fish was soon swimming my way (got it last week).

Then while browsing around on my phone at lunch yesterday I came across a screaming deal on a Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm. I've lusted after this lens for years. That's part of the reason why it took so long to by the DA 21mm - I could never decide between the two. Well, now it looks like I'll be able to compare them myself: unless it's really beat I'll probably pick that one up from the guy tomorrow.

<sigh> What can you do? Maybe now it'll relax its grip for awhile. Still, the idea of finally getting that Voigtlander has me kinda giddy...

01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I feel for you. *hands you hanky*

As compensation for the pain, I award you the prize for funniest nickname on pentaxforums.
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OH man, that sounds great. You have the wide angles well covered now. You should write a review comparing the Voigtlander to the 21mm. I wanted to get that 20mm Voigtlander, but I haven't found any kmount at a good price. Though, I try not to look too often, so I don't catch LBA
01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ikarus Quote
*hands you hanky*:
Thx for the hanky.

I know, it's eff'ing ridiculous.

01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I was looking at the Voigtlander earlier today. Let us know how you like it!
01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had not purchased a lens (for myself) for 2 years until this month. Then...

FA*80-200
FA 43 Ltd
FA 77 Ltd
DA 40 Ltd

THANK GOODNESS, the DA 40 XS was shipped to me instead of the Limited and I got my money back. Better yet, the FA*80-200 was defective (could not focus to infinity below 100mm) and I got a lot of money back after finding out that 2.8 is great, but I need 300mm.

But now I have a plan... not purchase any lenses until they come on sale
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #7

This does not sound good. I've been successfully holding my LBA at bay for the last 5 or 6 months. I'm now fearing I'm going to crash back into it with a vengeance.

01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

buy a sigma 500mm and that might take care of you for a few months
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just can't resist those damn Voigtlanders! Maybe it's the fact that they stopped making them in K-mount and that there's just a few models - collect all four! I'll have the 20mm, the 58mm and the 90mm. Only that damn 40mm left in the set. (Yikes, I can see where this is going.)

But the main thing is that the Nokton I own just knocks me out: it's so wonderful to use - just a perfect manual lens - and the images are spectacular. I haven't warmed to the 90mm as much as I'd hoped but it's still sweet. They grab me in a way that the DA Ltds just haven't.
01-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
I just can't resist those damn Voigtlanders! Maybe it's the fact that they stopped making them in K-mount and that there's just a few models - collect all four! I'll have the 20mm, the 58mm and the 90mm. Only that damn 40mm left in the set. (Yikes, I can see where this is going.)

But the main thing is that the Nokton I own just knocks me out: it's so wonderful to use - just a perfect manual lens - and the images are spectacular. I haven't warmed to the 90mm as much as I'd hoped but it's still sweet. They grab me in a way that the DA Ltds just haven't.
I know those feelings well.... I gave up the Ulrton 40mm to get a Zeiss ZK 35mm/F2 (this now practically lives on my K-5). The rendering of the Ultron is fantastic. I miss it, but could not justify such close (and expensive) focal lengths. I had the 90mm and gave that up when I got a Zeiss ZK 85mm/F1.4. The Nokton is staying. I agree absolutely how perfect that lens is... I have been looking for a 20mm for a while. Hope you enjoy yours.
01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
Inactive Account

I've rediscovered ebay and am now in the process of looking for bargains. I just bought an AF Sigma 75-200 f3.8 for 40 euros!!! Now I'm trying to get my hands on a cheap fujinon 55mm f1.8 which would be my niffty fifty