Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At this point, I've crossed off all DX lenses. Gotta get ready for that full-frame

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Um....

Anyone wanna tell him who was the primary manufacturer of Sears for a good stretch of their run?
Doesn't matter. The re-sale value is low. If 7-11 started offering DLSR's, would you buy one? Do you think you could sell to anyone else?
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Doesn't matter. The re-sale value is low. If 7-11 started offering DLSR's, would you buy one? Do you think you could sell to anyone else?
I buy stuff to use, not sell, if resale value is low that is great for me. If it is good, I don't care what name is on the ring.
01-31-2013, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
I buy stuff to use, not sell, if resale value is low that is great for me. If it is good, I don't care what name is on the ring.
+1 Exactly.

01-31-2013, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will buy any brand lens as long as I can find the information and reviews are good.
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
What?

I can't seem...

...to hear you...

...over the sound...

...of my camera...

...using these Sears lenses...

...sorry!

My bad!

01-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At this point, I've crossed off all DX lenses. Gotta get ready for that full-frame
Something to be said for that. I don't plan to make the leap, but at the same time I have 15-150mm covered with FF lenses, and two Limiteds in reserve... just in case?

01-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Oh, and as an aside, if I were to suddenly decide my Sears lenses were covered in cooties and I had a sudden irrational desire to sell them off, due to my being an inherent cheapskate I probably would make a nice profit.

I averaged about $10 (give or take) per lens, and I have around a dozen or so (maybe more, I haven't counted lately) but going by eBay prices (lol) I could probably sell them for at least $25 on upwards towards $50 each since everybody and their uncle seems to be owning a mirrorless camera these days and will buy ANYTHING to adapt to them.

I wouldn't call a 200-500% return on my investment 'worthless'.
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #24

As has already been stated "the one's I can afford"!

I have a thing for Zooms of all ranges, so offer me one of those at the right price, and I will in all likelihood buy it. But, once I have something that reaches up to or over 500, might settle for a few good primes.

But, I think I suffer from a bit of LBA, because if I see a nice lens at a nice price, I tend to buy it (or want to, at least).

B
01-31-2013, 10:22 PM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

I would recommend opening yourself to Samyang lenses, too. I have the 24 f1.4 and 35 f1.4, and they've been great for me.
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

That's a nasty case of brand name prejudice you have going on there lol. You forgot to group lenses such as Zeiss, voightlander and Sam Yang. I'm sure they are a yes. The russian Helios 44m is an optical duplicate of a Zeiss design. This yes/no black and white line is getting grey
01-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #27

Were the old sears lens made by Ricoh back in the 70s early 80s? I love the old manual lenses. I can't afford any new good glass so I will stick to old but quality glass that I can afford .
01-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any lens made for an APS-C sensor or one that does not have an aperture ring.

Phil.
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tahoejeepmom Quote
Were the old sears lens made by Ricoh back in the 70s early 80s? I love the old manual lenses. I can't afford any new good glass so I will stick to old but quality glass that I can afford .
They were made by a few companies, but Ricoh and Tokina are the prime suspects as being the 'mama brand' for them. A few were Chinons and Mamiya/Sekors, but they weren't the most common.

The Sears cameras themselves were clones of three brands, depending on the model - Mamiya/Sekor, Ricoh, or Chinon, with the bulk being Ricoh rebrands. Logically, if you're outsourcing your camera to another company to stick your name on, they'd also be the ones making the lenses for the rebadged cameras.
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #30
Veteran Member

DA* 16-50 because of SDM failure and any other new Pentax lens at current absurd MAP prices.