Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #46
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shelou Quote
we have sorted this problem out now but the reason i wouldnt pay the shipping is because i do not ship international and this person had outbid a usa citizen to win this item in canada then asked me to ship it so we agreed that the shipping cost was on her i do not see why i should be responceable for someone who breaks the rules if it would have been a usa citizen there is a good chance i would have paid the postage as it woulld be 10 times cheaper but in this case i agreed from the start that i wasnt paying postage i also spoke to ebay and they said return shipping is upto the buyer .lesson learned here is email the seller first before bidding on an international auction that doesnt ship internationally not after and just expect them to post it
You've missed the point of my post. These two sellers chose the high ground and were far more generous in their refunding all my money than I would have expected. Despite the damage to the items - one I could fix the other I couldn't - I would buy from them again. I think you fail to appreciate how much auction sites depend on the reputation of the seller and that your actions here aren't going to help your future sales.

Shipping to Canada is not 10 times the cost within the US. Three times, maybe. If you felt you had lost out on the extra shipping cost, you could have offered a partial refund where part of the money you kept was to cover the difference in domestic and international shipping costs. The other part would have been for the item(s) that you shipped that weren't damaged. There are many different ways that this could have been resolved, and many of them would have been a lot more positive for both you and the buyer (and would not have involved this large community of Pentax fans)