Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #16

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi , this is the seller in which you have bought your lenses from ....I just wanted to add the actual listing here so everyone can see and determine for themselves ...but i would also like to state that me and my husband actually was playing around with these lenses for a few days because we were impressed with the lenses on what we were able to see ...how clearly and close up and that it was actually better then the more expensive lenses we use for our photos ..but anyways ...I put them on ebay a whole complete set please view the ebay listing i will add link at the end ..i stated all issues ..I normally only deal within the USA but this person won my auction from canada and begged me to send them ..I was just going to cancel the buyers bid as we dont ship internationally ..I spoke with the buyer and we agreed that she was going to be fully responsible for the shipping ...and what ever happens during it ...I am certain that these lenses I sent off were in great shape ...and only one had a thread problem which of describe in the listing .....all problems were described....please keep in mind she won our auction ignoring the NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING policy we complied otherwise we lose our listing fees and its just a hassle ....I agreed to give refund on the return of the lenses ..., but i refuse to pay shipping as my shipping company policy only deals with usa and i warn this to her ...and It is also stated with the listing buyer is responsible for the return shipping fees. I always over look all my items personally and carefully ..and with this camera lenses we took extra time as we were impressed by it....I package this item extremely well ....I will refund you so I don't understand what this thread is about ..rather im right or your right ..it don't matter your refund is available on the return of the my complete listing . Or send the 1 lens back that you're unhappy with for a partial refund ..its up to you ...I just wanted to defend myself cause i notice you didn't mention the full story you just told your part and made us sound bad when we are here to help and to make our customers happy ...

Hanmores_Vintage_Goods Ebay store

Yashica Camera 5 Lens Set for Electro 35 Series Cameras Yashikor Takumar | eBay

02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
The best way to identify a lens is by the number on the front, which in the case of your lens is 5411719.
Thank you, yes that is the correct serial number, this is the photo in the listing. Apparently, I am supposed to tell if theres fungus in this lens using this blurry picture.

Do I file a complaint on ebay or paypal? which one is safe/more effective?
Attached Images

02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by iNicole Quote
I did link him to here, he claims that the lens showed in this video is not his... i have all the proof, the exact same scratches on the lens at the exact same places.. I don't even want to cause him any trouble, I'm trying to find the best solution.
And he wants me to pay the return shipping to which is 18$!!! What is this... I have to pay an extra 18$ for receiving a lens full of fungus.

Should I wait a bit and talk with the seller or file a complaint immediately?
hi this is the seller that you bought the lenses i just wanted to mention that you bidded on my auction from canada and won when you knew i didnt ship internationally then begged me to send them to you i had no choice otherwise now i lose all my fees so we agreed that i would send them on the understanding that you was responceable for the shipping i packed them more than well and sent them . before i sent them me andd my wife was looking through and was amazed by how good the lenses were and how much you could zoom in with them and i really could not see any problems. but if there is a problem please send them back and i will refund you like i have said all along but i will not pay for the shipping as i do not sell internationally and you bid on this auction knowing that but still outbid other USA bidders and won it you can either send the 1 lens back for a partial refund or sent them both back for a full refund less your shipping

here is the link to the auction for all to see

we always do all we can to please people but we had an agreement as she had bidded and not complyed with the rules i notice she didnt mention that she out bid a legitimate bidder to win this auction of 5 lenses and a camrea for $51.00

also your the first to complain that my item was packed to well

you act like i have disagreed all along when i have said from the start that i would refund you but i will not pay the shipping as we agreed and i have in a message that your responsible for the shipping if you have any other problems please contact me and dont come on here just mentioning half of the story
02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by shelou Quote
hi this is the seller that you bought the lenses i just wanted to mention that you bidded on my auction from canada and won when you knew i didnt ship internationally then begged me to send them to you i had no choice otherwise now i lose all my fees so we agreed that i would send them on the understanding that you was responceable for the shipping i packed them more than well and sent them . before i sent them me andd my wife was looking through and was amazed by how good the lenses were and how much you could zoom in with them and i really could not see any problems. but if there is a problem please send them back and i will refund you like i have said all along but i will not pay for the shipping as i do not sell internationally and you bid on this auction knowing that but still outbid other USA bidders and won it you can either send the 1 lens back for a partial refund or sent them both back for a full refund less your shipping

we always do all we can to please people but we had an agreement as she had bidded and not complyed with the rules i notice she didnt mention that she out bid a legitimate bidder to win this auction of 5 lenses and a camrea for $51.00

you act like i have disagreed all along when i have said from the start that i would refund you but i will not pay the shipping as we agreed and i have in a message that your responsible for the shipping if you have any other problems please contact me and dont come on here just mentioning half of the story
lol my wife beat me to it

02-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #20

If you paid through paypal, filing a complaint with ebay is going to direct you to paypal. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it's best to file with ebay, since thus both ebay and paypal will know about your problem.
why are we not just sorting this out ? she paid $51 for a camera and 5 lenses and wants me to pay $50 for 1 lens to be cleaned
02-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I thought filing through ebay was better--a while ago I resorted to ebay's resolution center. But now, after a bit of online research, I think paypal is more direct. No more talk with the seller, you just give them your story and evidence.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside
02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #22

I thought filing through ebay was better--a while ago I resorted to ebay's resolution center. But now, after a bit of online research, I think paypal is more direct. No more talk with the seller, you just give them your story and evidence.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside
why are we not just sorting this out ? she paid $51 for a camera and 5 lenses and wants me to pay $50 for 1 lens to be cleaned

02-09-2013, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You lie...you pay price...

Simple as that. The buyer will win the PayPal dispute. She will also give you negative feedback and negative feedback means that your items will be dead last in any search results at eBay. PayPal may even close your account.

You took money (voucher for another's labor) in exchange for something worthless. It makes no difference how much the buyer paid. You are fraudulent.

The sorting out is that you accept the return with a partial credit (say $25, the going rate for a lens of this type) and the shipping cost to send it back to you. Alternatively, you could just offer a partial refund (say $30) and make a personal vow to never put junk up for auction again, unless it is clearly labeled as junk.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.
02-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #24

Original Poster

You told me to send the lens back to you without fungus. That's impossible.
And you're very rude to start off with, I politely messaged you showing the problem and I was very willing to find a solution that was okay for both of us. You replied to me telling me that I was lying.

I never begged you to ship to canada, i don't beg people, its your decision, and may I also indicate that you did make profit from the shipping cost, also using bags of sand and a cereal box to ship the items to me.

Yes, I did win an auction for a camera and 3 lenses (the rest are converters, don't confuse them with lenses) but I told you you could keep the camera and the other lens and resell them if you wanted to.

I think I was more than patient with you. I don't have anymore time to waste.
02-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by iNicole Quote
You told me to send the lens back to you without fungus. That's impossible.
And you're very rude to start off with, I politely messaged you showing the problem and I was very willing to find a solution that was okay for both of us. You replied to me telling me that I was lying.

I never begged you to ship to canada, i don't beg people, its your decision, and may I also indicate that you did make profit from the shipping cost, also using bags of sand and a cereal box to ship the items to me.

Yes, I did win an auction for a camera and 3 lenses (the rest are converters, don't confuse them with lenses) but I told you you could keep the camera and the other lens and resell them if you wanted to.

I think I was more than patient with you. I don't have anymore time to waste.
bags of sand? it is saw dust to protect the contents , ok lets make this hard i have a no returns policy

im done i want the whole item returned for your money back thank you
02-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You lie...you pay price...

Simple as that. The buyer will win the PayPal dispute. She will also give you negative feedback and negative feedback means that your items will be dead last in any search results at eBay. PayPal may even close your account.

You took money (voucher for another's labor) in exchange for something worthless. It makes no difference how much the buyer paid. You are fraudulent.

The sorting out is that you accept the return with a partial credit (say $25, the going rate for a lens of this type) and the shipping cost to send it back to you. Alternatively, you could just offer a partial refund (say $30) and make a personal vow to never put junk up for auction again, unless it is clearly labeled as junk.

Steve
there was a problem with 1 lens out of 5 last im saying but just listen to yourself she won a usa auction and outbid a real customer to get this last i am saying but this could have been a lot easyer
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

bags of sand? it is saw dust to protect the contents , ok lets make this hard i have a no returns policy

im done i want the whole item returned for your money back thank you
+ shipping both ways?

For the record, this is "hanmores_vintage_goods" on eBay. Buyer beware. This is a junk dealer, not a dealer in photographic equipment.

02-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #28

Original Poster
there was a problem with 1 lens out of 5 last im saying but just listen to yourself she won a usa auction and outbid a real customer to get this last i am saying but this could have been a lot easyer
I am a real customer, are you saying that anyone who doesn't live in the usa is not a real customer??? Even if you sold this in the USA you have the same problem. No one wants a lens with fungus, it doesnt matter if youre a canadian or an american, no one wants to be ripped off.

i only got 2 out of the 5 "lenses" even on the forum you are lying!
And yes, one is defective, I would like to return that one lens to you but you keep telling me there is no fungus in the lens you sent me.

and dont get everyone into the argument, this is between you and me, and so far, you are not doing anything to help the situation.
02-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

and outbid a real customer to get this last i am saying but this could have been a lot easyer
I read the discussion in the listing where you affirmed the lenses were free of fungus. What you sold was not free of fungus or perhaps you were talking about the outside only?

Steve
02-09-2013, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

The problem is that there are only two items in the listing that I would consider of value, one of which is covered in fungus. I'm not sure you know what to look for and I believe you inadvertently misrepresented the item because of it. A direct question was asked and answered here:

Q: whats the detailed condition of the lens? ex; fungus, dust, dirt, scratches, oil, focus ring, aperture ring, etc. thanks. Nicole Jan-22-13
A: The details on these lens are om the description ....the only thing wrong with one main lens is the thread I posted very clear pictures on the damage thers no fungus , a little tiny bit of dust maybe , its not dirty .....there light scratches on the outside of them same lens ..again see photos ..but its not on the lens ...the focus rings run very smoothy as they should ...it pretty much says it all in the description please reread it and make sure to view that one pic of that damage ..thank you for your interest ...oh and the leather cases are really nice ...very soft...thanks again ..hope this helped you out some ...

If you do not know much about an item or don't know what to look for, state that in your listing and answer. If the other bidder had won the auction, I assure you they would have been upset as well.