Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2013, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by josh_smith77073 Quote
@Docrwm i dont want to sale the white lens because it belongs to my kx. i plan on keeping my kx for a while. its an emotional attachment thing. as far as lenses go i have a
Pentax-m 50mm f1.7 SMC Asahi wich im obsessed with, a pentax 75-300mm, a rikenon 35-70 lens which im not too pleased with. the 18-55mm kx lens and some other asahi primes.
Then I'd go ahead and look at the photos you have that you really like the framing and field of view on and see what focal length they were taken at - you're likely to see a pattern in the numbers with clusters around certain focal lengths. Those would be the prime lengths that I would look into for possible purchase.

02-13-2013, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by josh_smith77073 Quote
"This special-edition model is finished in a silver color scheme, a design feature requested by many devoted users. The silver tone is meticulously matched with the silver color finish of the high-performance PENTAX FA-Limited interchangeable lens series, and that of the special-edition DA-Limited Silver-series lenses."

it also reads this in the accessories description: "SMC PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS Silver Lens." but like i said the pic in the ad is not mine specifically. my camera is supposed to be unopened & BNIB. but when you order from over seas its a fingers crossed, hope its true situation. -josh-
There were two Silver Limited Edition K-5's issued. The second was released March 2012 with the DA40/2.8XS lens with a LE silver barrel.

Here, again (see above) is a link to a review of the second LE release, clearly showing the silver XS lens attached.

There were indeed silver variants iof the FA43/1.9 Limited and of the DA40/2.8 Limited issued, but not as a LE kit with this silver K-5. The text of paragraph one might suggest that the paint color of the LE camera intentionally matches the two silver-painted limited lenses

Last edited by monochrome; 02-13-2013 at 10:59 AM.
02-13-2013, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks everyone for helping me along with my issue. im still a newbie, roughly around a year of shooting with a DSLR and I'm still learning seriously everyday. no i will not buy a 18-55 lens im gona look into the 18-135 lens some more read reviews on here, save my pennies and hoard the silver limited lenses and some vintage primes.

happy shooting everyone!