Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Well I have a Zeiss 35/2, a Voigtlander 58/1.4 and a Leitax converted Leica 90/2.8 if that counts, but no Nikkors or Zuiko's. Are you using adaptors or permanent adaptors?
I have several Pentax Leitax sets for the different mounts.

For the nikkor, I swap mount.
I use donor nikon F mount, dremel'd a bit to fit pentax.
A 3rd party m42 with outer ring is fine too, but I need 1mm washer to avoid ai-s tab on pentax.
Register distance of nikon is 1mm longer, and won't cause problem.

All mine are reversible. Often I need the original mount to use with canon friends.

Oh yes, I love Leica R color and rending

02-22-2013, 03:23 AM   #77
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
Oh yes, I love Leica R color and rending
I am very happy with the Leica - it is a Germany made one, it is old, and a bit beat up externally - but the optics, focus, aperture are all good. I got it for the right price given it's condition. I really like the colours and rendering too - quite different from the Pentax M85/2 that I have. All it has done has made me want to get some more Leica R glass - but it is usually quite expensive, which is natural given the quality.
02-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #78
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
I have several Pentax Leitax sets for the different mounts.
I am assuming you are using Leitax converters for the Zuiko's
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I am assuming you are using Leitax converters for the Zuiko's
Yes. But I also have sony nex and canon.
Depends on if I need pentax body SR or not - SR and high iso performance of k5 is the best.

02-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #80
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I'm confused. OP has problem on the 18th, communicates with Zeiss, sends lens away, gets the lens back on the 20/21st(?)(amazing service) an all's well and that's it? No picture of the lens in question and no explanation of what the problem was.
02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #81

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by peasant Quote
I'm confused. OP has problem on the 18th, communicates with Zeiss, sends lens away, gets the lens back on the 20/21st(?)(amazing service) an all's well and that's it? No picture of the lens in question and no explanation of what the problem was.
What are you trying to say? The lens was not sent to Zeiss. It was sent to store. The store told me they WERE GOING to send to Zeiss, but they did not as they saw that the lens was REALLY faulty (they realized that I am not being picky on 10/10 sharpness).

Last edited by pentaxnood; 02-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.
02-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #82
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxnood Quote
What are you trying to say?
I'm interested in what was wrong with the lens. Why are you so toey?
02-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #83

Original Poster
I'm interested in what was wrong with the lens. Why are you so toey?
??? I m not toey. I asked you a question, since I did not understand what you said. I am still not clear what was your point.

After all, you did not answer my simple question, instead you made a judgment. Please do not quote my posts from now on, since there is a communication problem.

Last edited by pentaxnood; 02-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.
02-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #84
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxnood Quote
since there is a communication problem
Agree, a six page thread and no one knows what was wrong with the lens.
02-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #85

Original Poster
Agree, a six page thread and no one knows what was wrong with the lens.
agreed to that, if noone is you in that case
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM - 1 Like   #86
Kiwi Pentaxian

Um, Gentlemen - this is where cross cultural communication can be fraught with problems

I have been following this thread from the beginning, and I have a grasp that the problem with the ZK 35/2 that was first sent was a focusing problem. After a bit of communication with the retailer the lens was replaced, and a new one provided, that seems to be focusing ok. So all good. In this circumstance I would be surprised if the retailer revealed what the actual fault with the first lens was.

I am happy because the OP pentaxnood has investigated what lens to buy, had a nasty shock with a defective lens, and has had that problem rectified.

This thread has provided support and advice along the way, and has done what Pentax Forums does so well.

As someone who in New Zealand buys a few relatively expensive lenses from the Marketplace from time to time (from USA), what happened to pentaxnood is something I have recognised as a risk - purchasing a lens sight unseen, and then it turns out to be a dud. What happens next? Fortunately, that has never happened to me yet - but when you have paid $700 for a lens - the day it happens isn't going to be a good one.

I am really pleased for pentaxnood he has achieved a good result, and in the end I hope he enjoys using his ZK 35/2 as much as I enjoy mine.

Cheers

Ross