Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If that's crappy lighting, I can't wait too some in good light.

Very nice shots, Finn.

And congrats on scoring that lens!

Have you found a favorite aperture yet?

Mike

03-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Finally got around to uploading some more photos to Flickr, so here are some recent ones. Damn I love this lens. I can't help thinking the 31mm is sharper and gives slightly better colors (or, in short, is more god-like), but that is kind of like saying a Ferrari is faster than a Porsche.

1/750 @ f/5.6, ISO 200:

1/1000 @ f/5.6, ISO 200:

1/30 @ f/1.8, ISO 800:
03-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
MSM
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Finally got around to uploading some more photos to Flickr, so here are some recent ones. Damn I love this lens. I can't help thinking the 31mm is sharper and gives slightly better colors (or, in short, is more god-like), but that is kind of like saying a Ferrari is faster than a Porsche.

1/750 @ f/5.6, ISO 200:

1/1000 @ f/5.6, ISO 200:

1/30 @ f/1.8, ISO 800:
Real nice shots! I have only recently converted to Pentax (12/07). The 77mm limited was the main reason. I fell in love with the wonderful IQ and I love portraits too!
I may not be able to articulate what makes the IQ so good as others here can, but with your images do I really need to?
cheers,
mark
03-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
I may not be able to articulate what makes the IQ so good as others here can, but with your images do I really need to?
Will I get many objections if I venture to say the 77 is special for being sharp yet smoooooth?

I mean it's the opposite end of the scale with oversharpening (whose result being sharp but harsh).
And there are lenses in between that give excellent sharpness but not as smooth.

03-02-2008, 12:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
Will I get many objections if I venture to say the 77 is special for being sharp yet smoooooth?

I mean it's the opposite end of the scale with oversharpening (whose result being sharp but harsh).
And there are lenses in between that give excellent sharpness but not as smooth.
You just spotted the good word - "smooth"

Naturally smooth is the feeling from fa 77 ltd shoots. Sleek may have been even better word for it.

Everytime fa 77 ltd is the lens to go back to like a starting point if you get lost in photography...