Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
SMC DFA 100f2.8 macro clamp

Can anyone tell me what the "clamp" switch is used for on the SMC DFA100mmf2.8 macro? I called Pentax usa and they were clueless. I think the person helping me was born after the lens was produced.

02-14-2013, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol. The clamp adds a lot of friction to the focusing ring so that you can more finely control, the focus, and so that you don't accidentally change the focus setting. Never use it with AF enabled.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam is right, the clamp switch adds extra friction for manual focus, and stops it from creeping. I do notice that on my dfa50 and dfa100 it also turns off the camera AF.
03-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Forum Member

This is what manual says

Here is what is on user's manual. As everybody says is only for comfort when using manual focus

Attached Images