Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Right choice!! If you haven't done many weddings you'll find using the zoom lens a heck of a lot easier and that gives. You can use primes for setup situations but off the cuff nothing beats a good quality zoom (I'll be in trouble for saying that I guess). Minimising your gear for weddings is very important for me. I'm new to Pentax but I'll be trying to get by with two zooms, my 16-45 f4 (probably get a 16-50 f2.8 once the production of them gets better) and the 50-135 f2.8. Both easily have high enough quality for any wedding because you rarely enlarge anything more that A3 anyway. The flash you're using should work fine. Have fun.

Tim H

04-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good
I guess the newlyweds are happy with them
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I hope so

I am just the secondary photographer by the way. The real photographer is using 2 sets of the Canon 10D (one with I think 16-35mm/f2.8 lens, the other with 70-200/f2.8). All expensive stuff.

I have a look at all the pictures taken by this photographer after the wedding (the groom passed me the CD), and I can say that the IQ of canon 10D and k100D (both 6MP DSLRs) are not all that much different. In fact the K100D has much lower noise at the same ISO and the pictures seem to be sharper.
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
I have taken your many good advices and decided to use the Tamron 28-75 as my primary lens on the wedding dinner.

I did bring the FA50/f1.4 but that was loaned to my colleage during the photoshoot.

Here is one of the pictures I have taken using Tamron 28-75. I like it and would like to share with you guys.

Attachment 9468
That's good. Missed this thread when it counted but that's exactly what I'd use. (Like I'd go anywhere without my FA 50. )

The Tammie's just what I've been wanting for a 'wedding/event/things-I'd-use-a-standard-zoom-for' lens. (Pentax ought to make something for those of us who like such lenses on the longer rather than wider side!)

Really have been wishing I'd stretched to pick one up before the prices of those Tammies went up to just about where I couldn't justify scraping for one.

I just picked up a cheaper compromise: an older Sigma 28-105 2.8-4. Not a bad 100 dollar lens at all, (and the zoom range may as well have been custom-made for me on crop) but it's a bit quirkier and fussier about decent results than I'd prefer for the jobs I use zooms for. Seems to work nice with flash, though. (It seems I've figured out that the SR doesn't get along well with this one in bright light, which hasn't been a problem for me with other lenses since the firmware update: I just have to turn that off if I don't need it, like I used to.) If I can take in a bit of coin with this one, I'll probably upgrade, though.