Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to Forum is this a Pentax lens?

I love buying old lenses & cameras, I came across this lens & I cant seem to place it. I know its prob not worth much but I still want to shoot with it.
Beck
1 : 2.8
f=135mm
No.80950

Attached Images

02-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #2

Well, the M-A switch on the bottom would suggest that it's an M42 screw mount, but with the cap on it's hard to be 100% certain.
02-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hard to say without a look at the mount but agree the m/a switch means likely m42.
02-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it is indeed an M42 lens, the answer is "You can use it on your Pentax with a simple converter".

02-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much, i was thinking the PE on the cap was more important.... now I know
her is another pic & does anyone no if this is a decent lens?
Attached Images

02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
Site Supporter

The rear lens cap is from Sigma. PE probably means Pentax Screw Mount, or it could mean Praktica Screw Mount (that is what they call it in Japan).

As far as the lens goes, I have never heard of the BECK brand before. European reseller maybe? It does look as if it is a Sigma Y-S mount lens with a PE adapter on it...

YS Interchangeable Adapter Mounts, Y-S lens mount
02-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gbraatz Quote
i was thinking the PE on the cap was more important..
Lens caps get swapped around all the time, especially in thrift shops so not a good indicator. The lens certainly looks like it is M42 (Pentax Screw Mount), whether it is adapted or native I defer to Boriscleto, I can't tell. But you should be able to mount this on a Pentax camera with the M42>K adapter. Whether the lens is worth the trouble, who knows, I have never heard of that brand.
02-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
The lens certainly looks like it is M42 (Pentax Screw Mount), whether it is adapted or native I defer to Boriscleto, I can't tell. But you should be able to mount this on a Pentax camera with the M42>K adapter.
Y-S had no native mount. It was Sigma's attempt to create a universal mount like T4 or TX. There were 2 different Pentax adapters, Nikon F, Konica, Minolta etc...

QuoteQuote:
This interchangeable mount system was developed by Sigma as competition to the Vivitar/Soligor T4 lens line and the later Vivitar TX line. It was used on some Sigma, Lentar, Upsilon, Accura and Spiratone lenses along with a few other brands. The simpler models without open aperture metering are very simple to install compared to the more touchy T4 and TX adapters (usually just a matter of screwing them on the lens).
I have an Accura Diamatic Y-S mount lens and the screws along the side of the mount are very similar.

02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
There were 2 different Pentax adapters
One for m42 and one for bayonet or something different? And do you know what Y-S stands for?
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
One for m42 and one for bayonet or something different? And do you know what Y-S stands for?
One for basic M42 and one for open aperture (ES / Spot F). I don't have any idea what Y-S stands for. The manual at butkus.org is pretty much all the info I've been able to find on it. Sigma did make a rather nice 55mm macro in Y-S mount.
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I've used this exact lens with Minolta MD mount on a Minolta SRT-200. Fairly sharp, decent performer.

I don't know if I'd buy a M42-K adapter just for this lens, but if you have others it's probably worth it.