Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #1

lens prices in the Caribbean.

not sure what forum group to put this.

Can a better price deal be made in the Caribbean on a lens?

02-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a definitive answer but I was there last summer and looked at several shops, either they had no Pentax or it was more expensive than my local cost.
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fialdj Quote
Can a better price deal be made in the Caribbean on a lens?
Quite simply, no.
Everything in that region must be imported for a very small and distant market, so generally the best lens prices are either in Japan or the USA. Sometimes shops in Korea or China can offer deals as well, but it's harder to find them.
02-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
I was on Aruba in 2007 and got a good price on a Tamron 18-200 but it was the only Pentax fit lens they had and was the display one so got some money off for that, but within 6 months it was the same price in UK, and on later visits to to the Caribbean I've not seen any Pentax DSLR or lens only compacts.

02-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I was there on a cruise last fall. The ship a huge Pentax display banner and small Pentax display trays in one of the cases in the gift shop aboard. Looked like that whole case had been dedicated to Pentax gear at one time. Unfortunately they had nothing but Canon, Fuji and Panasonic gear in the case. Why they would leave the Pentax adverts in place I've no idea. Unless, they had no idea that Pentax was another camera company. Maybe they thought Pentax was 'camera' in a different language.

Sad, really. I thought about getting a picture but never got around to it.