Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well Darkness, for real nice or just nice pictures, we will have to wait till the adapter that I just order in amazon comes to me by Tuesday to Thursday. But I could not hold on and just to start to get used to the focal lengths, I took em out and took the same shot with all of them, will need to add some exposure comp and contrast a little bit, and I am thinking that is because of the fact that they are not mounted =)

Will post as I take em out of LR.

02-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #32

Original Poster
1. 50mm 1.4 @ f/8 100 ISO

2. 135mm 3.5 @ f/8 100 ISO

3. 55mm 1.8 @ f/8 100 ISO

Remember the lenses are not mounted yet!

PS. Besides a little tweak here and there for exposure and contrast and a little sharpening there was nothing else... that I remember, done to them. No distortion, CA, or defringe fixing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by BigJPR; 02-24-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added what I did to photos on LR
02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #33

Original Poster
Still no adapter until tomorrow. And yeah, of course I messed with them in LR. Some of them were still lacking contrast. Some are a little cropped. Non are lens corrected, or defringe or taken any CA out. Just messed with the "Basic" panel on Development. Is just test shots with un mounted lenses!!! lol

All but the last 2 are with the 135mm. Have no Idea were I left the aperture at. The last 2 are with the 50mm.

02-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do you got hoods for the lenses? They can increase contrast in many situations. Still I think the pics looks really good and modern lenses got better coatings to give better contrast. You seem to work really well with that 135mm! Isn't it wonderful to have SR with all lenses too?

02-26-2013, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Isn't it wonderful to have SR with all lenses too?
I don't think SR really comes into play when you are just holding the lens in front of the camera
02-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #36

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I don't think SR really comes into play when you are just holding the lens in front of the camera
i can attest to that. If it's working, then not efficiently because as much as I want to keep still the lens is going to have minute movements that are not in synchronization with the mount/body.

QuoteQuote:
Do you got hoods for the lenses? They can increase contrast in many situations. Still I think the pics looks really good and modern lenses got better coatings to give better contrast. You seem to work really well with that 135mm! Isn't it wonderful to have SR with all lenses too?
As the hood goes, I just got it for the 135mm. As of now I notice if I have the back to the sun, then it's more than alright, but facing the sun, even if the sun it's not on the frame, well it get's a little less contrast, nothing that can't be fix later and I don't know if this behavior will stay after the lens is properly mounted.

No hoods on the 50 or 55mm.

I will post some shots once I can get out there with properly mounted lenses. The adapter should be here tomorrow, and my daughters baby shower is on Saturday, but I guess those will be more candid type of shots more than anything.

BTW, Forgot to mention that all shots were around the perimeter of the building pictured on the photos.
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #37

Original Poster
Finally got here. And tomorrow I'll pull a 12pm to 10:30, but will have a gap in between shifts and hopefully get some decent subjects to photographs and practice.

Here is what I think will be my work horse. The K-30 sporting the Super Multi Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4 ... could that name be any longer!!!!

02-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote
The K-30 sporting the Super Multi Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4 ... could that name be any longer!!!! :
Why do you think they changed it to SMC?

02-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #39

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I know, I know! Hey!!!! I am new at this whole thing, give me some slack! Besides the fact I pulled a double shift, the brain is not all there you know!
02-27-2013, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Because "Super-duper Multi Coat Takumar" was already trademarked?
02-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #41

Original Poster
Ok so here we go. First couple of good enough photos. Some needed almost nothing in LR, some needed a bit more. I didn't post straight from camera because you guys already know what this camera and lenses give. So here we go. Have no idea on aperture

1. The 135mm 1/50 ISO 3200

2. 55mm 1/500 ISO 3200

3. 50mm 1/60 ISO 3200 I know, focus is not spot on, I know I will get better!!!!

4. 50mm 1/3200 ISO 100 This on was from my car. Had the k-30 ridding on the front seat, saw the shot, took it. When in LR it didn't have contrast at all, the exposure was right, but had to dial it down about 1.5 stops and boost contrast +75 and lower highlights by a crazy number too. It was like if the proper numbers were the contrary of what they should be or something, still got a photo that kinda looks hdrish but a nice one to save and deal with in LR.

5. 135mm 1/3200 ISO 100 Had to dial down blacks and shadows, pump up whites and highlights and color correct it, that's about it.

Let me know what you think!!!
03-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #42

Original Poster
On my daughters baby shower, got to have fun with the 50mm for a little bit. The apartment was smaller than I anticipated and wished the 50 was more like a 30-35mm still, nailed some, missed some. Here are a couple. Will edit this post as I keep on posting throughout the night. In the meanwhle you can click one of the pictures below and go through them on flckr.

03-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #43

Nice deal on some great lenses. Nothing like a classic lens on a modern camera body

Nice photos too!
03-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #44

Original Poster

03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #45

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zaphodmonster Quote
Nice deal on some great lenses. Nothing like a classic lens on a modern camera body

Nice photos too!
Thanks a lot. I am enjoying them so far. This Saturday is my cousins wedding, should be another good day to practice with the manual lenses. Hopefully the places are bigger!!!