Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Question. Now that I think about it, I have never seen the helping light (whatever is called) for focusing come on. I read that if you have it on, is't supposed to help the focusing system see when it's on focus? correct? wouldn't this be in low light conditions like the pictures above? We'll it never did. Just asking to see if I am right or wrong about this!

03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote
Question. Now that I think about it, I have never seen the helping light (whatever is called) for focusing come on. I read that if you have it on, is't supposed to help the focusing system see when it's on focus? correct? wouldn't this be in low light conditions like the pictures above? We'll it never did. Just asking to see if I am right or wrong about this!
The focus assist lamp would only come on for an AF lens. The focus confirmation hexagon in the viewfinder will light when any lens is in focus. If the camera is set to catch-in-focus, it will not fire until the hexagon is lit (with a MF lens in AF-S mode).
03-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The focus assist lamp would only come on for an AF lens. The focus confirmation hexagon in the viewfinder will light when any lens is in focus. If the camera is set to catch-in-focus, it will not fire until the hexagon is lit (with a MF lens in AF-S mode).
Ok. I probably read wrong on an article about using manual lenses. I haven't tried again to use the catch-in feature because the first time I tried, It didn't work, or most likely the trouble was in between the viewfinder and the back of my head. LOL