Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I've never found this to be the case, and I've done quite a lot of shooting with these.
!

YMMV

05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #17
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Did you try it out, to see how it actually performs with a fast 50? You can get extension tube packages pretty cheap on ebay these days, don't see why you would go through the trouble of deglassing. Do the contacts really make such a big difference?
I know I partly answered this before, but the short answer is yes - as I prefer A mode over M or Av (with m42 glass). I can manage in the latter but often forget to hit the green button or stop down the lens. (The joys of trying to focus on moving objects like bugs or catching flowers between wind gusts).

For those who are curious about how this TC did, here are a few examples using it both as a straight 3X TC, and for its macro capabilities.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/222867-nature-inspired-h...oto-cheap.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/225396-nature-shooting-f...ldnt-work.html
05-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I vote for yes, destroy that thing and make it a wonderfull macro-ring.
02-26-2018, 11:34 PM   #19
Pentaxian

This is an old thread I just came across sorry for too late to ask, I wonder if anyone has actually deglass a Kenko 1.4X AF teleconvertor, it got the screw drive pin that's what I'm after, I don't see how I can remove the elements without breaking the whole thing, any idea ?

02-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
This is an old thread I just came across sorry for too late to ask, I wonder if anyone has actually deglass a Kenko 1.4X AF teleconvertor, it got the screw drive pin that's what I'm after, I don't see how I can remove the elements without breaking the whole thing, any idea ?
If it's this Kenko 1.4x, you may want to keep it.
02-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I am planning to get the new AW extender so this one will be redundant,but also considering getting an AF extension tube depends on cost

QuoteOriginally posted by mgvh Quote
03-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #22
Pentaxian

I take your advice to keep it, and ordered a Kooka one, it seems Kooka is the only supplier still have Pentax adapter with all features.

QuoteOriginally posted by mgvh Quote