Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Is Sigma warranty (lens) transferable?

I am looking for Sigma lens in $400 range new and about $325 used. If there is some warranty left on the lens, is it transferable?

On the other hand, do you think that saving approx. $75 by buying used lens is worth it (given that used lens is free of defects and in excellent shape but without warranty).

Thanks.

02-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Never heard of a warranty that was transferable. Most warranties never get used, but it is the chance you take.
02-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Never heard of a warranty that was transferable.
I have no experience when it comes to lenses and photo equipment but there are companies that will honor warranty if you are not the original owner. I think warranty should cover the equipment not the customer but I guess some companies just want to save money by voiding warranty when their products change owners.
02-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Personally I'd talk top the store whom originally sold it.
They're really the ones whom get to decide, since they're the ones who usually filled out the paperwork under their own name. A good shop will handle all the warranty work for you if required