Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Provide center crops. Preferably 800x600 to ensure you can give us the 1:1 crops. Or get a Flickr pro account - easiest way to share full size images.

02-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Here are Jeff's full size pictures (click on each image to open the full-size version):

If the red mark on the ruler is even with the surface of the test chart, then it looks like on the first image there is some front-focusing going on, which would explain why the image is so soft. The second test chart picture looks like it is focused much better. Perhaps still a hair to the front, but pretty close I think.
02-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thanks for the picture post . I have adjusted focus to -4 and it seemed to help. Close shots with shallow DOF were very dissapointing prior to adjustment . Weather might clear up enough today to get some more test shots . My original thought was focus being off , hopefully that works .
03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for all the help with the new lens questions . I found a nice focus chart on another web site ( Photographylife.com) and tweaked the fine adjustment to a -5 and it seems much better . Interestingly the camera and Tamron lens combo will not correctly focus in live view at any setting . Tried my other auto focus Pentax lenses and they work fine . Also updated firmware and still no focus acquisition in live view . Focus drives in and out , locks but shots are way out of focus. Quirky, maybe another firmware problem?