Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Australian lens repair?

Hi,
After quite a hiatus from shooting due to a lack of time I have dusted off all my gear again. So i had my camera on the bed while i had the battery charging and my 18 month old grabbed the camera and took a run up and threw it... joy...
Broke my K5 mount and the lens that was attached (F 24-50 f4) is now binding up in the middle of the zoom range. My main questions are as follows, has anyone used a repair center in Australia that they would recommend? And is it worth getting this one repaired or looking for another copy?

And I managed to repair the camera mount, pretty much got ripped off, out to take some test shots over the weekend but I think it is good.

Kids and nice stuff do not mix, especially when they start running...... might have to put a hook in the ceiling in the lounge room and tether the little champ with some elastic, though i have a feeling his mum would frown upon that.

03-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the body damaged as well as the lens?

I suggest you try CR Kennedy, the Australian Pentax agent.

C.R. Kennedy Repairs department
300 Lorimer Street
Port Melbourne, VIC 3207
Tel: (03) 9823 1555
Fax: (03) 9827 7216

I wonder if your household insurance will cover it?

Last edited by p38arover; 03-01-2013 at 10:07 PM.
03-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

CR Kennedy are definitely the people to see. Their repair centre is in Melbourne. You may find that replacing the mount on the K5 is relatively cheap (a friend of mine had this happen to his). You can also call the repair centre to ask.
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have used CR kennedy for 40 plus years. Always provided a good job. I have no problems phoning and speaking to an intelligent and knowledgeable person. look up their number on the web, phone and I usually have the information I need within a minute. I tried that with canon. Took 2 months to start communicating.

03-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wjt Quote
might have to put a hook in the ceiling in the lounge room and tether the little champ with some elastic, though i have a feeling his mum would frown upon that.
Such a thing is sold, but they hook above a doorway
03-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #6
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'll give CR's a crack, thanks for the input guys
03-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
Site Supporter

I sent a DA40 and DA*16-50 to CR Kennedy last year. Both lenses were bought from North America. The DA40 was fixed for a fee, and the DA*16-50 was fixed free of any charge, including shipping to Melbourne and back. This was despite it being second hand.
I don't think you'll get better than that.