Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,297
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
But that is quite severe. Though, keep in mind that it will not show as profoundly in all photos, depends on what you are taking photos of.
But its pretty odd that a 50mm would have this problem.
That is what I initially thought until I realized that we are looking at a full-resolution crop of an object some distance from the camera. I don't have a lot of experience with the lens in question, but LoCA is not uncommon wide open with very fast glass. I suspect that what we are seeing is an intrinsic property of the lens design.

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Really, you shouldn't be taking color photos with a black-and-white lens. Desaturate!
Huh? Black-and-white lens? Surely you jest!? At the time when this lens was made (early 1970s), color photography was pretty much the norm. Beyond that, CA is a huge issue for B&W work for the same reason as for color. It degrades the image sharpness. With LoCA, the problem is most apparent at or near in-focus elements of the subject. Lateral CA affects the entire frame. The false color is the minor problem. It can be dealt with PP.


03-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #17

Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,724
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Huh? Black-and-white lens? Surely you jest!?
Indeed. Sometimes you've got to stretch it to make it fit!

  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aberration, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Is This Effect Called? & How Do You Achieve It? reivax Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 01-19-2013 08:31 PM
what is this tool called? liukaitc General Talk 10 07-09-2012 04:57 AM
What is this Technique Called? Deiberson Photographic Technique 13 03-08-2012 10:45 AM
what this thing called, I need buy one liukaitc Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 06-08-2011 03:16 PM
I'm not sure what I've even lookng for- What is this called? Sew-Classic Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 01-11-2010 03:23 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM. | See also:, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]