Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Help please on 16-50 (yet another)

If anyone can take the time to look at these pics and let me know what you think - sharpness, general IQ - I'd greatly appreciate it. Just (tentatively) bought a new DA* 16-50 to finish up my 2008 photography budget (yes, I know it's only Feb) and I'd like some opinions on the quality of this copy.

I guess I'm wondering how much sharpness I should expect at the wider angles, like 16mm - I don'y have a lot of experience with wide angle lenses, and haven't had my kit lens for a while.

Thanks for taking the time. There are a couple 100% crops of magazine print, but you can zoom n to any image with the zoom icon. All are handheld.

Link---> Picasa Web Albums - Jay - 0227_16-50mm

02-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothin' wrong with that. It seems everyone lately is getting good cpoies of this lens. I'd say the QC issues have been resolved since no one is reporting poor DA* 16-50mm lenses anymore.
02-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have been using this lens for some 5-6 months now. The IQ looks very similar to what I am getting. All the details in the samples were in the central area so it is a bit difficult to say anything about corner resolution. However, it is pretty obvious this lens is not one of the bad ones.
02-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

You have a good copy of the lens, as do I. I love the thing.

02-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Thanks.

If anyone's interested in seeing a few K20D pics with the DA* 16-50, the first 8 shots in this album are K20D, the rest K100D.

AWB & color on this K20D are incredible.

Picasa Web Albums - Jay - 0227_16-50mm

02-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Holy snappin' I can't afford to get that camera for a couple of months but the more I see the more I can visualize the K10D becoming the backup unit this spring.