Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #1

is anybody have carl zeiss jena 75-300mm K Mount here?

is anybody here have a carl zeiss jena 75-300mm K Mount here?last year i purchase one,but until now i never found a review about that lens.sorry if my english is so bad. regards

02-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't have one, however how about posting some pictures and your own review of it

Oh, and welcome to Pentax Forums corocongkak
03-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
this is pictures of my lens
Attached Images

03-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
this is some result

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo   
03-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Those are very impressive photographs corocongkak, and I sure hope to see more from you.

I'd love to see some more pictures of that boat, and also that paddle.
That's a very pretty lady as well
11-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #6

Carl Zeiss Jena for Pentax K TELEPHOTO ZOOM

Hi,
Are you still using your Jena zoom? I am curious where you got it, or if it was new or second hand.
I have a 100-500mm, impressive at some of the focal range, especially lower than 400... It wasn't cheap, nearly $300 u.s. on Ebay.
I will post some pictures soon.
03-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by corocongkak Quote
this is some result
A very underrated lens in my opinion. Am waiting for an adapter for use on my K10D. Mine is identical to the photos you posted but has a Nikon mount.. When used on my Nikon D200 to shoot my grandchildren floating around in a garden pool on a sunny day, a couple of years ago it produced excellent contrast and color with good resolution at f5.6.. It is solidly built and easy to handle. The push-pull zoom and focusing are very smooth. I have other more modern lenses in the 300mm range including primes, but I cannot part with this one.

03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mike7fa Quote
Am waiting for an adapter for use on my K10D. Mine is identical to the photos you posted but has a Nikon mount.
This is an oooold thread. Glad you like your JenaZoom. As is discussed on many other threads on the Web, these were not Carl Zeiss Jena lenses despite their labeling (long story). That does not mean they are bad, it just means that they are not Zeiss. If you are adapting from Nikon mount, be prepared to take a optical performance hit. The adapter will include an optical element at the rear of the lens to allow for infinity focus. The result is degraded performance. Sad but true. Nikon owners have the same problem when adapting from Pentax to Nikon.

Steve
03-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is an oooold thread. Glad you like your JenaZoom. As is discussed on many other threads on the Web, these were not Carl Zeiss Jena lenses despite their labeling (long story). That does not mean they are bad, it just means that they are not Zeiss. If you are adapting from Nikon mount, be prepared to take a optical performance hit. The adapter will include an optical element at the rear of the lens to allow for infinity focus. The result is degraded performance. Sad but true. Nikon owners have the same problem when adapting from Pentax to Nikon.

Steve
Hi Steve. Quite true. My adapter to permit Taks to Nikon use has an optical element so there
was no point in compromising the Tak m42 lenses. The CZJ 75-300 will stay on my Nikon D200.
01-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by corocongkak Quote
this is pictures of my lens
Hello corocongkak,
Forgot to say that my lens is identical to your lens except mine has a Nikon lens mount.
Great photos by the way. Just shows what this lens can do. It's probably difficult to take a bad photo of such a photogenic couple!