Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #1

Adorama Lens Prices??

Anyone bought a new lens from Adorama recently? They used to show one price on their page and then a different one in the cart. Now the prices are both the same and, insanely high again. If my stock portfolio went up like Pentax Lens prices, I would buy a 645d.

03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yep I noticed. Same stock on the shelves not moving, but hey let's raise the prices! That will bring the customers in. I'm sure it's not them but probably a Pentax deal?
03-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Adorama is regularly changing prices on all kinds of products. That's sort of the nature of the business. When I recently started shooting Pentax gear again I stopped into their NYC store and picked up the FA77 while I was in town for business. I've also purchased an insane amount from them online over the years.
03-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildimages Quote
Anyone bought a new lens from Adorama recently? They used to show one price on their page and then a different one in the cart. Now the prices are both the same and, insanely high again. If my stock portfolio went up like Pentax Lens prices, I would buy a 645d.
If I recall Pentax has been more strict lately about online pricing and that if you call you may end up getting the older lower prices if you purchase over the phone. I could be completely wrong, but am pretty sure that has been discussed in some other recent pricing threads.

03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
If I recall Pentax has been more strict lately about online pricing and that if you call you may end up getting the older lower prices if you purchase over the phone. I could be completely wrong, but am pretty sure that has been discussed in some other recent pricing threads.
I think you are correct here as B&H has had that policy for a while where you must call for any possible discount.
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It depends on the lens. For example, the 21 ltd is listed as $646, but then drops to $539 in the cart, and I think that the DA* 200 and a couple of others are still significantly lower in the cart. The prices of the 15 ltd, the 35 macro and others on the other hand, do not change in the cart.
03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I think you are correct here as B&H has had that policy for a while where you must call for any possible discount.
In this thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ask-b-h-photo/210266-any-word-about-unila...ng-policy.html

they deny that. I know B&H is a site supporter here, but I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from them on this kind of stuff. I wonder if anyone really knows what's going on with Pentax lens prices. I would have thought they would have figured it out by now.....seems not....

QuoteQuote:
It depends on the lens. For example, the 21 ltd is listed as $646, but then drops to $539 in the cart, and I think that the DA* 200 and a couple of others are still significantly lower in the cart. The prices of the 15 ltd, the 35 macro and others on the other hand, do not change in the cart.
But the DA 15 and especially for me, the DA 35 Macro did last week. Snooze you lose I suppose