Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2008, 04:12 AM   #1

k mount fo f mount? again...

hello im david a professional hi speed photographer using vision research "phantom" and "miro" cameras that uses the F mount standard..
for fun im using a pentax ashai kx SLR with 50 mm 1.4 pentax lens.
and very much want to use the f mount lenses i have on my pentax k mount.
i know there is a problem with infinity focus and im fine with it' but is there an adapter? can someone post a link for one?
thank you!
David.

Last edited by dudwity; 02-29-2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling:)
02-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

In the contrary, you will hardly the notice the infinity focus problem. Many said it's spot on. I used to have a Nikkor 35/1.4 AIS and it did focus a little past infinity, but less so compared to my Zuiko.

Anyway, there is no such adapter available (due to the similar size of both mounts and little differences in registration distances). Usually you can mount the Nikkor directly onto the body. From the consensus, Pre-AI would fit snuggly, some AI and AIS can, some can't. Mount conversion is possible, though not all can be converted (depend on the construction of the rear mount). You might want to post your question over manualfocus.org. They have tons of DIY conversions and advices.

Good luck