Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Despite the mounting evidence, the possibility that pentax might not come out with a FF DSLR will tick those people off...
I love my K-5 and all the Pentax lenses I have, but I get amazing results from my D800, too. If Pentax does not come out with a FF camera in the next year, I'm going to have to seriously consider which system I keep. I can't afford to keep buying lenses for both! I'm dearly hoping for a Pentax FF. It should have amazing IQ, if the K-5 is anything to go by, and I would have great fun trying out all that legacy glass I have lurking in my cupboard. Please, Pentax... oh please, oh please... with a cherry on top.

03-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
About the 8mm, I've read you have to cut the hood on FF otherwise it's vignetting (at least the canikon versions).
Wandering into the conversation late, but the Samyang 8mm fisheye is also available with a removeable hood now (B&H only lists the Rokinon-badged version for PK-mount).
03-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
oh please... with a cherry on top.
I'm with you but I think there's good cause to have a crop-sensor DSLR in the stable as well as FF... The extra reach for birding and wildlife principally among them...
03-19-2013, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
I'm with you but I think there's good cause to have a crop-sensor DSLR in the stable as well as FF... The extra reach for birding and wildlife principally among them...
I completely agree - but how nice it would be if the FF and APS-C were the same mount. I have a D5100 to go with my D800, but the decent long lenses are so desperately big and heavy. I really feel the difference between my K-5 with 60-250 on and the D800 with 80-200 f2.8 - what it would be like with a 300mm on I shudder to think). Truth be told, I really, really, really want a Pentax FF. I am in awe of my Nikons, but I simply LOVE my Pentax - it's not got the fastest AF, nor the best flash system (by a mile), but, my word, the little devil has SOUL!

03-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
I'm kind of glad I held on to all my old A, M and K series glass at this point.

I was about to dump a lot of them but perhaps they will enjoy a renaissance in FF.

Tom G
You and me both Tom

NaCl(if the FF ever comes out I'm set, Legacy glass most of it, but it still beats buying new)H2O
03-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Speaking of normal 1:1 macro, the Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro is a good one, too. There's a newer, autofocus version that gets all the attention now, so if you can find one of these MF versions, you can probably sneak it out without much resistance. I got mine for $110, and I was the only bidder. The aperture ring has an A mode, making things easy, and, man, this thing is sharp. And, yes, it really is true 1:1 macro.

03-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jkomp316 Quote
You wont find a sharper lens for less money... The Sears branded style routinely goes ~ $10 on eBay.
I agree with you. It amazes me to behold the sharpness and color rendering of my Sears 50mm 2.0 lens, My copy has been in my possession for over 30 years, left over from my film photography days, but this superb lens goes for a song on eBay. The Sears 50mm 2.0 is totally manual, so I tend to forego using it in favor of the Pentax-A 50mm f1.7, which is likewise sharp and good in rendering. I also have the Pentax F DA 50mm f 2.8 macro, which is a great lens as well and has the virtue of auto-focus. I can use it on any of my cameras, but the Sears and 50 mm 1.7 are reserved for use on my K-20 with the Kaztz Eye focussing screen.
03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #69
Veteran Member

As others have mentioned, the F28, F50/1.7 and F35-70 are all great performers, small and durable.
But I can not believe no one mentioned the fabulous FA20/2.8 ! that lens is amazing both on APS-C or FF.
03-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mbukal Quote
Pentax smc F 28/2, 8 + F 50/1, 7 = great happiness ;-)
Yup. A solid pairing.