Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$250 mail-in rebate on FA Limiteds (31mm, 43mm, 77mm)

Pentax has just (finally?) announced a $250 mail-in rebate for each FA limited lens, up to a total savings of $750, when bundled with the K-5 IIs.

Details here:
Big Savings on Pentax FA Limited Lenses - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
gtl
Veteran Member

Wow. Awesome deal. FF soon!
03-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Man, that 43 Ltd suddenly looks so appealing... but dear god I want the 31...

Edit: Suddenly looks so much more appealing. It was appealing before.

Last edited by JinDesu; 03-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
03-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yeah $340 is a killer deal, especially considering the fact that it's a FF lens!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Strange that they would not offer the rebate with the K-5 II as well. I figured they had less trouble selling the K-5 IIs already.
03-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Maybe it's saying - you need the IIs to get the maximum out of these lenses
03-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax has just (finally?) announced a $250 mail-in rebate for each FA limited lens, up to a total savings of $750, when bundled with the K-5 IIs.

Details here:
Big Savings on Pentax FA Limited Lenses - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
Unfortunate for us Canuck's, this rebate only seems to be from Pentax USA. The fine print doesn't mention Canada, and I don't seen anything from Pentax Canada :-(

03-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Santoku Quote
Unfortunate for us Canuck's, this rebate only seems to be from Pentax USA. The fine print doesn't mention Canada, and I don't seen anything from Pentax Canada :-(

Just ask a friendly Pentaxforums person from the U.S. to do this for you.

That's what I did when I bought my FA31 way back when there was a $100 mail-in rebate. The CAD$ is almost at par now, so you get an even better deal than I did.
03-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Just ask a friendly Pentaxforums person from the U.S. to do this for you.

That's what I did when I bought my FA31 way back when there was a $100 mail-in rebate. The CAD$ is almost at par now, so you get an even better deal than I did.
That would be PRETTY friendly to go to the trouble of forwarding a shipped package up North What do we know about warranty ? Do US purchases qualify for Canadian warranty repairs ? or would it have to be shipped back down to a USA repair centre via a third-party, or direct ?
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Strange that they would not offer the rebate with the K-5 II as well.
Yes, very strange, AFAIC.

I would have been extremely tempted to get a K-5 II with one or maybe even two Ltds, but I'm not buying a camera with an important part missing just to get a discount on lenses.

Maybe the K-5IIs did not sell as well as expected (despite the many supporters here in the forum). One attaches discounts to products that need to clear, not to those that clear themselves, right?