Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
when LBA does you wrong

couldn't tink of a catchier title...

so, I was leaving for brazil a couple weeks back. I had loaned a friend my 10-17 FE, so I used that as an excuse to splurge on the sigma 10-20.
Also, I wanted more reach than my long 135 would be, and carry less glass to do so...so I added the 18-250 as well.

so, in short...I was figuring I'd get out and shoot a lot this past weekend. No joy. I ended up leaving brazil a week earlier due to a family emergency, and shot hardly any with the 18-250, and none with the 10-20. And because of said family emergency, what few images I did snap, I haven't even peeped at yet.

One funny story-my host took us to lunch one day. he had an EOS 1-d i think. The K10D next to it looks like a teeny tiny toy/ and that camera is huge and heavy (the canon). but, the owner was jealous of my lens assortment. sounds like he spent his wad on the body

my impressions on the 250--manual focus seemed sticky, but the ability to go 18-250 and never take the lens off was nice. the kicker for me was i stocked my filters sized to fit my 16-45 and 50-135. those were the wrong size for the last-minute purchase of the 18-250, so i had no filters for it, but ended up not needing any.
did have some zoom creep a few times, but never used the lock either. it isnt the prettiest lens when fully extended. either

hoping to have more time with both, but honest thoughts are both will get returned. the 10-20 im a little torn about. the other, i think its OK, but i may prefer to get the pending SDM lens or something else. outside from the convenience factor, i haven't experienced anything yet that screamed :keep me: