Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the name of all that is good & holy, how hard can it be!!!

How hard can it be to find a Pentax RH-RB49 lens hood as recommended by B&H for the FA50??? You would think that if they recommend something they would also stock it! All I want is a collapsible (rubber) lens hood with a 49mm thread that works with the FA50 for an APS-C FOV. It's a popular lens, it's still in production, WTH!?!? ARRRGH!

04-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Where's your sense of adventure?

If it were easy it would be no fun, thrill of the chase and all that.
04-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

49mm Rubber Lens Hood 3 Stage Collapsible Pentax Sony | eBay
04-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Any "normal" collapsible rubbler lens hood @49mm thread should do. A specific one isn't required.

NaCl(I like the generic adorama ones myself, they are relatively inexpensive)H2O

04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax 49mm Round Rubber Lens Hood for Pentax 50mm FA, Lenses

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
How hard can it be to find a Pentax RH-RB49 lens hood as recommended by B&H for the FA50??? You would think that if they recommend something they would also stock it! All I want is a collapsible (rubber) lens hood with a 49mm thread that works with the FA50 for an APS-C FOV. It's a popular lens, it's still in production, WTH!?!? ARRRGH!
At one time in recent memory Pentax produced (or rebadged) many such accessories and distributed them globally. Hoya seems to have changed that.

Such items may be available labeled Pentax in Japan but each of us in each of our global regions is subject to the limitations of our Distributor's ordering and stocking policies. Since you are a USA resident, availability of ANYTHING made by Pentax is less a matter of what B&H would stock and more a matter of what Pentax Ricoh Imaging Americas is willing to order and support - and that is a function of what they think they can sell. In the case of many generic accessories, which are probably made by a third-party and packaged Pentax, the entire supply chain has probably decided, "Why bother? Just buy the General Brand"

In this case, though, the Pentax hood is available at B&H - $14.95
Pentax Item #34260 Pentax 49mm Round Rubber Lens Hood for Pentax 50mm FA, Lenses

Last edited by monochrome; 04-04-2013 at 07:40 AM.
04-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Or save yourself $12 and get one on eBay...

49mm Rubber Lens Hood 3 Stage Collapsible Pentax Sony | eBay
04-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Site Supporter boriscleto's Avatar Join Date: Dec 2009 Location: Liverpool, NY Photos: Gallery Posts: 5,912 | Likes: 252 Or save yourself $12 and get one on eBay... 49mm Rubber Lens Hood 3 Stage Collapsible Pentax Sony | eBay
It's amazing what you can get from Hong Kong cheap with free shipping. I bought a couple of lens caps with free shipping as well as an Item from B&H with free shipping on the same day. I got everything on the same day the following week.
04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Found a three stage generic one on Amazon for $5. Thanks everyone. Now if ya'll would kindly mosey on over to my other thread and make up my mind for me regarding a cheap second hand camera body....