Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
O/OM to Pentax K Done

Success! As mentioned in another post I won a Vivitar 55 2.8 Macro OM mount lens on ebay mistaking it for PK mount. Since I only paid 35 dollars for it I decided to try and mod it to fit the K-mount. I used the female and male ends from a cheap set of PK tubes. The female end has spring clips that help hold the K lens, so I just took my dremel and sanded the flags down so the OM lens would slide past and catch on the spring clips, then all I had to do was screw on the male end with the K mount. This gives about a 12mm extension to the lens, but all I'm going to use it for is macro so don't need infinity focus. Right now I can only shoot wide open, need to lock the aperture button on the OM lens down, or maybe use tape like RioRico does in his mod. The OM lens still has the original mount and can be used on OM cameras also.

04-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures OF this monster?
04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pezmaker Quote
Pictures OF this monster?

I'll post some soon. I have posted some photos I took with it in the post your photos section.
04-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's a couple photos of it. You can see the bright colored ring, that is the OM mount, behind that is the 2 pieces of the PK tubes. So it adds about 10-12mm, only can be used for macro like this, no infinity focus. It's easy to fit the lens into that female PK mount piece, only takes a few passes with the dremel with a sanding drum on it. No dremel work at all on the OM mount.

Last edited by bluestringer; 04-19-2013 at 07:52 PM.
04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work, thanks for sharing!