Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax 1.7x adapter - which lenses are suitable?

Since this thread has now been closed:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/10987-compatib...ax-lenses.html
I thought of asking something else here, about "compatibility".

The question:

Are there any lenses (in K mount) which would definitely NOT be compatible with the adapter?
(meaning: mounting the 1.7X adapter would cause physical damage to the lens/adapter).

Thanks,

JP

04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Since this thread has now been closed:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/10987-compatib...ax-lenses.html
I thought of asking something else here, about "compatibility".

The question:

Are there any lenses (in K mount) which would definitely NOT be compatible with the adapter?
(meaning: mounting the 1.7X adapter would cause physical damage to the lens/adapter).

Thanks,

JP
If we limit the discussion to genuine Pentax lenses, I don't think so, as the aperture lever protrudes farther out than a rear element could.

As far as suitability goes, the longer the adapted lens, the worse AF performance you'll get, as the adjustments made by the AF adapter may not be able to get it to focus from infinity down to minimum focus. For such lenses, you'd have to use the focusing ring on the lens itself to adjust the working area of the adapter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If we limit the discussion to genuine Pentax lenses, I don't think so, as the aperture lever protrudes farther out than a rear element could.
I meant "all" K-mount lenses, whether they are Pentax brand or other.
For the second part of your reply, I do know already.

Thanks for the reply.
JP