Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
It is possible to do selective blurring and perspective correction in post, but you lose image quality that way.
It depends. If you are making a modest adjustment, for example to an architectural image, IQ may suffer very little. DxO for example is very polished in what it can do here, within bounds.

However to make the kind of gimmicky adjustments that are extremely popular today, and which many seem to consider as the main reason to use tilt-shift, then one clearly can't be worried about IQ at all.

50 pix of tilt-shift trendiness related

05-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #32

The Samyang 24mm for pentax IS available for pre-order here in the UK at two different stores : I'm pretty sure they can't cancel it now as people have probably already placed orders.
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As you may know, Samyang UK says on its website that the TS will be available on PK mount. I've sent an email last saturday to know what it is about and here is the answer I received this afternoon :

" As far as we are aware the 24mm TS lens will be available in Pentax fitting but some time later than the Canon and Nikon versions, most likely to be later in the Summer. "
05-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It depends. If you are making a modest adjustment, for example to an architectural image, IQ may suffer very little. DxO for example is very polished in what it can do here, within bounds.

However to make the kind of gimmicky adjustments that are extremely popular today, and which many seem to consider as the main reason to use tilt-shift, then one clearly can't be worried about IQ at all.

50 pix of tilt-shift trendiness related
True enough. I can't freaking stand that article...saying that tilt shift IS miniaturization photography.

05-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asp Explorer Quote
- Px released the K-5 in October 2010, which is three and a half years from now, and that was an excellent camera A THIRD OF A DECADE AGO.

So basically, Pentax didn't release a single new camera in 3.5 years (except toys and compacts).
Actually, Oct 2010 to May 2013 is only 2-1/2 years, or one-fourth (or quarter) of a decade.
05-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Actually, Oct 2010 to May 2013 is only 2-1/2 years, or one-fourth (or quarter) of a decade.
Not to mention that Pentax isn't the only company that doesn't think it needs to release a brand new camera every year in the same market segment. For instance, Canon's top of the line APS-C is the currently 4-year-old 7D, which has had absolutely no improvements or upgrades during its life cycle at all.

Are we to reasonably expect Pentax to release new cameras every 1-2 years just to say they did? The K-5 is still near the top of the heap of APS-C DSLRs.
09-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As I posted in the corresponding thread in the news&rumours forum: the Pentax version of this lens *is* available now. UPS is bringing mine over from the UK as I write. I hope to have it in hands soon...

Wim