Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sometimes look at minimum focus distance to make a decision like that, but (guessing the 135 is typical) they are all between 1.1 and 1.5m.

All the same price, from that group, I'd choose the Takumar. I liked this lens when I owned it, and its rendering looks right for portraits. Plus it's a Takumar. I don't like how the 105s have that tapered base that exposes the contacts on a DSLR but that's minor. I use a 90mm macro now for similar shots.

04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi.
I have the SMC K 2.8/105 and I guess it´s vey similar to the S-M-C tak. Mine is a great, sharp lens with all the best qualities of the Ks. But it might be quite long on Aps-C in a studio.
I also have the SMC M ZOOM 75-150. Great sharp lens, which almost is at par with comparable primes in the respective focal leghts. However, mine has some minor problems. The blades needs cleaning and sometimes get stuck or move slowly into position at smaller apertures. The one touch zoom I find difficult, it has some ‘creep‘ when pointed upwards and is sometimes nor easy to focus. It does not get much use for these reasons (..even though it´s my only 75-100 range lens). Regards