Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Eureka!

Two years ago, one of my neighbors, a retired architect, mentioned that he had some Pentax lenses stored away that used to belong to his late brother, an architectural photographer. I had always been interested to check them out, and finally today I had an excuse: he needed some help posting some photographs from an annual birding event to Facebook and asked for my help.

It turns out that his brother passed quite young in the late 1970's and most of the lenses have not been touched since then. I was unprepared for the bounty he about to present to me: some of the best k-series glass ever made in pristine condition.

The was a k-28 shift lens, a k135 2.5, k24 2.8, and an m 50 1.4. Most were in original cases and had skylight filters that had not been removed in 40 years.

I'll be heading back next weekend to take pictures and post some of these beautiful lenses on the forum on his behalf for sale, if he doesn't change his mind - or I don't buy them all for myself!

05-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by harmonica2 Quote
... or I don't buy them all for myself!
Great find.

Buy them all: you will not regret it and it will stop your LBA for a while.
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That shift lens, in particular, should net him quite a bit of cash. Now that Samyang is not releasing the Tilt-Shift for Pentax, thanks a lot K-30, it's worth all the more.