Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Forum Member

Chinese Lenses

Ive been living in Shanghai for about a year, and I'm looking to buy a pentax prime lens, probably the 100mm WR macro. I've found it here in one of the main camera markets for around 500$. Which, compared to US prices, is about 100 USD cheaper. However, I have no way of knowing the quality before the purchase. Have any of you had any experience (good/bad/both) with buying lenses in china?

Also, even if it is real, how about the factory warranty?

Unfortunately, due to customs taxes,its not feasible for me to just get the lens in the US and have it shipped to china.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

05-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hi, I live in beijing since one year...

I always buy my camera gear from Amazon.cn (the price are really lower than in the US and Europe). The lens that you are considering is now quoted at 3788 rmb on amazon.cn rispetto ai 729 $ di amazon.com .

Up to know I bought the 15 DA limited, the DA 40 limited, some hoya filter, and the original battery grip for the K5. I can assure you that everything was original with the usual warranty. If you are buying a shop just ask for the original box and content.

Cheers
05-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I looked at the 100mm on amazon.cn, but the picture in the description is different from the picture at the top of the page, which is what it is supposed to look like. So I am a little skeptical. Another lens ive been wanting/on the fence about is the 35mm macro, which is on .cn and is listed as an "authorized retailer" so that might be reason enough for me to pick the 35mm over the 100mm.
05-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
I personally would not worry about the difference in the two pictures, but it is your call!

let me know afterwards.

bye bye