Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
The old Soligor is almost certainly a Tokina - especially if it is a CD series lens - and probably a decent zoom. I've got the slightly newer 70-210 / 3.5 which is very sharp. The downside is - they are big and heavy. Surprising, the CA on mine isn't as bad as a lot of other lenses of the period, and it is all one colour so it's easy to get rid off in processing.

Just1MoreDave has suggested the best method I know of removing filter dents, but I disagree with his suggestion of using penetrating oil to clear any corrosion on the battery terminals, oils just soak into the green gunk and stops there. I use vinegar, just a bit on a cotton bud, and dab it on the green corrosion until it dissolves. Then I use a few damp cotton buds to wipe the residue off, the dampness is enough to neutralize the acid of the vinegar. Just don't go mad and soak the camera with vinegar of water. I've cleaned a lot of cameras and flash like this.
Thanks, I have some corrosion on terminals of an old flash. It works intermittently and moving the batteries gets it going again so I'll try your method on it.

BTW, the picture of the lens seems to match the Kiron 85-205 I've seen at the MF forum and elsewhere.

05-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

The actual manufacturer of Soligor lenses is definitely shrouded in mystery, there's been a lot of discussion and speculation on the Manual Focus Lens forums and there is some consensus regarding the serial numbers and manufacturers, but there's no certainty at all.

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-9-thy-name-shall-any-more-be-called-kiron-...2Bsoligor.html

Lots of discussion here, maybe some answers ?

Last edited by Lloydy; 05-08-2013 at 02:03 AM.