Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DA lens vs Macro Tube

I tried on the DSLR thread and only got one response. Maybe I'll get more takers on this thread.

I just bought a new set of macro extension tubes for my K10D and they work wonderful on my M 50mm 1.7. But when I use it on my newer DA lenses (kit 18-55, or 50-200) I can't see anything through the viewfinder except some very dark gray spots. Even placing an object under bright lights doesn't help.

Do maco tubes work on lens without an aperture ring or not?
Am I setting up something wrong or do the tubes only work with a manual aperture?
Is there a "procedure" I need to follow to use DA lens with the tubes?

Yes I'm using full M mode..

Thanks for any help here.

03-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried the same thing with my extension tubes (the manual ones) and I figured out that if the lens in question doesn't have an aperture ring, which neither the kit or 50-200 do, then it's not going to work.

Heather

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, da, da lens vs, help, k-mount, lens, macro, pentax lens, slr lens, thread, tubes