Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
If there is a focus problem with CDAF then it is the lens.
I raised the CDAF issue because the OP said she did her first tests with Liveview. That would normally be CDAF, I think.

05-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I raised the CDAF issue because the OP said she did her first tests with Liveview. That would normally be CDAF, I think.
Sorry, I've been following this in 2 threads and I missed that part. That would argue strongly that it is the lens and not the camera.
05-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Question: Have you tried LiveView and is it off too?
In Live view it still seemed to back focus.

Since dialing up the AF adjustments to a +7, it seems better. Tested it out at my sons baseball game that night, and have been testing it out at home here, but haven't used the ruler test yet (have to get a better ruler) or this test that has been posted http://www.tunerphotography.com/uploads/Instructions_for_using_the_AF_Fine_T...ocus_Chart.pdf

I need that lens for this weekend though! I actually have a rental coming to me tomorrow since I'm not comfortable using this lens for something important yet! but after this, I'm going to thoroughly test out my rental before this weekend too!
05-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know exactly what you mean when you don't trust a lens or camera for an important shoot.

If in live view it still back focuses, then it is a pretty sure bet that it is the lens.