Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Adapt a Voightlander Nikon mount to Pentax K

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This

Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 Nokton SL II in Nikon AI-s fit Lens - Lenses | Robert White Photographic Ltd

plus this

Nikon F mount Nikkor AI lens to Pentax K mount PK adapter K10D K200D K-7 K-x K-r | eBay

equals quote from another thread

QuoteQuote:
Optical adapters exist. These act as short teleconverters, probably around 1.2x. They also degrade image quality a bit, so whatever was special about the lenses is lost.
(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/170776-wanted-acquired-nikon-k-mount-adapter.html)

=

05-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why?

You can find some Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f1.4 with K-mount on the 2nd hand market. Check the Marketplace in this Forum, Keh.com and Adorama used. The VL58mm is a special lens IMHO, but I would not degrade its properties with an adapter...
05-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Too expensive

Used pricing for a K-Mount VL 58 is ridiculously expensive right now, especially when compared to a Pentax DA* 55 that has auto-focus and weather sealing.
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Buy a Sony nex body, used, and you can adapt just about anything.

05-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think you should be a little bit patient and wait for a K-mount version.

I swept keh.com with an LN- (Like New minus the box) copy k-mount, I thought it wouldn't show up for awhile again so I grabbed the opportunity. Yes it is a bit hefty for $449 + 59.95 shipping >.< but I also grabbed an Ultron 40mm f/2 SLII LN- as well for $415. so I think the shipping is well spent.

Otherwise if you have a extra $$$ follow kenafein's advice and enjoy the focus peaking of the NEX "which in my opinion is the best peaking in the market right now."