Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax lenses from KEH

A couple weeks ago, KEH announced that they had a fresh supply of Pentax lenses at reduced prices. I bought a DA* 50-135 in LN- condition, complete with caps, hood and pouch (but no serial number card), for $800 - pretty much the average price for the same lens sold privately here on PF. The lens is exactly as described, looks like it was never used, and of course it has their 6 month warranty. It came in a Pentax box, but NOT the usual kind of box; it's silver and bears only the Pentax name, is not labeled as to which lens it contains. Every other Pentax lens I've bought has come in a black box and bears the lens description on the outside. So I'm just wondering where KEH got these things - are they reconditioned? Returned stock from dealers? Fell off a truck? Not that it matters - the lens works perfectly, images are sharp, colors true, etc. And it has the KEH warranty. I'm happy, not complaining, just curious. They still have quite a few, if anyone's interested.

05-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KEH got them from Pentax USA after they tried to sell off their inventory at a sale at the HQ in Denver. Originally they were going to put them up for sale here but they decided to use KEH instead to dispense of a huge inventory of gear sitting gathering dust.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/official-pentax-news/215980-pentax-hosts-...ounted-pr.html
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

They are probably a combination of returns, reconditioned, and open box demos. I have bought reconditioned Nikon lenses and they come in a different box than new ones. Nothing wrong with them and KEH is top notch. I have bought from them and had to return a few things. They are very good with their warranty.
05-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I highly recommend KEH. Sometimes they don't have the best prices, but they have great customer service and their lenses are always in the condition described.

05-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

There is no way of telling if the lens you buy comes from the big Pentax buy out or from one of their other channels of intake.
05-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I probably look over at the supply of the 50-135 every other day. I should probably just break down (pardon the pun) and get one to replace my SMC K-135/2.5. Now that the worst case scenario on the AF is that it becomes a screw mount, it may make sense at half price.