Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Yep. It's the helmet Thomas Bangalter (one half of the duo) wears in concert. It has an LED display across the eyes... but I don't know if it's ever read "Daft"
Heh. I've wondered for a while, then my daughter blogged about iTunes streaming the new album for free and I listened - and read up because the new single hooked me. (Old man).

05-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #47

I had bought Pentax ME Super and 50 mm f1.4 M lens in 1983 and I still have both and use M 50 mm lens quite often.
05-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

A Tamron Adaptall 80-210. It was the first lens I bought. Still with me today and still gets a run every now and then.
05-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I have the camera I took my first picture with, a Brownie Hawkeye and I have all my Pentax SLR gear from the 80's. I even have a very few of those hen egg sized, unfired flash bulbs for the Hawkeye.

Truthfully there is a good chance that I have ever camera I ever owned.

It might be a sickness; I'm not real sure.

05-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
None, I was a Nikon man until sand stopped play, but that's a long story from thirty years ago, nearly a lifetime away.
05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original stuff

I still have my TLR Yashica-MAT EM COPAL MXIII 80 mm f 3.5, but really do not use any more, too difficult and/or expensive to develop 120 film.

I still have my Canon AE-1 with 50 mm f 1.2--and still use it sometimes with film. Results are excellent when you set it wide open to obtain a very narrow DOF and get close focus on a flower or portrait/face. It would be interesting to read a detailed comparative review of the Canon vs Pentax f 1.2 lenses. The Canon still sells for a good price, but only about half or less of the Pentax price, obviously because of K-mount interchangeability. I have used the Canon 1.2 on Pentax cameras, but there has to be glass in the adapter, and the magic is gone, so there is really no point to the exercise.

I still have Sears lens 50 mm f 2.0 and find that this $5.00 lens is surprisingly one of the sharpest I own. Color rendering is also noteworthy, and makes it an excellent landscape lens.

I still have Sears lens 135 mm f 2.8, and use it sometimes for portraits, excellent results. I use all manual settings for portraiture anyway, so the fact that this is an all manual lens is no handicap in this application.

I do not still have the Sears version of K-1000 that I carried around the world three dozen times because I gave it to my granddaughter as a learner camera, but I still think about it and wish I could see it again with the six film cannisters taped to the strap with black electrical tape. I used this camera 100 percent manual 100 percent of the time, and it taught me how to take pictures with no light meter, just judging aperature and shutter speed on my own. I could still be using this camera if digital had not intervened.
05-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #52
Pentaxian

First SLR given by my dad : Super A and A50/1.7 and TakA 28/2.8 . I use the first, and last one. the 50mm is full of fungus but i keep it in a dry bell of glass like a flower that will never fade )

Then got a K-x : still use it extensively

Then got DA 35/2.4 : still use it a lot ... on film

then F50/1.7 : sold to get a 28/2 (didn't shoot film at the time)

Kiron 28/2 : sold to get the DA40/2.8

Then Vivitar 70-210/3.5 : still got it, my workhorse during climbing session (which mean ... well every weeks usually !)

Then Porst 55/1.2 : a small beast with nice rendering, but i was eyeing the DA* ...

then MZ-5n with F35-70 and Tak F70-200 : the body is my workhorse now with the grip to use AA battery

then FA-J 18-35 : my workhorse on UWA on film. not sharp as i wish, but still very good (anyway, with so much wideness, even in big prints, you don't squeeze all the details out of the film)

Sold the Porst 55/1.2 to get the DA*55/1.4 (and i also crushed my bank account at that time ...)

Sold the F35-70 and Tak F70-200 : i never used them (prefering the tack (Tak ) sharp Vivitar and i never use the zoom, i prefer the pedi-zoom ) so it fund my K300/4

K300/4 : but still have tried it (except in the garden), it's always raining the week end for three weeks !

This brings us to "why buy-sell so much ?" : i needed to find my way

Trial and mistake about the focal lengt, aperture, the weight too. I like the TakA 28/2.8 a lot at the beginning, then the 40 for digital. For film, the 55 wins by miles !

Now my setup is almost complete, just need a bit more of LBA :lo: (uncurable !)

- Samyang 14mm (to use it on film !! XD )

- Zenitar 16mm ( FE on film )

- Samyang 85mm (i shoot film, i NEED a 85mm ... well maybe not ... we'll see !)

- maybe a tamron 70-200/2.8 ? (to replace to vivitar ... last thing i'll get i think)
05-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
- Samyang 85mm (i shoot film, i NEED a 85mm ... well maybe not ... we'll see !)
Mon Dieu! I haven't even thought to put the Samyang 85mm on my PZ-1p... will correct that soon!

05-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Mon Dieu! I haven't even thought to put the Samyang 85mm on my PZ-1p... will correct that soon!
Geez ! Don't tell me that you didn't try all your lenses on a film body ! It's'the first thing i did ! Even with the 18-55 btw ...
05-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #55
Forum Member

The first lens I ever bought was at a garage sale for twenty five cent's twenty some years ago. It's an FA 1:2.8 Macro. About a month later I bought an SF-1 body to use it with and dumped my old screw mount stuff for pennies to a buddy (what a mistake)