Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Thanks for that info

QuoteOriginally posted by larugl Quote
Some posters in this thread may remember that a Tokina representative told me that if Pentax continues to fare well with the new K-series, they might very well decide to offer the new (and improved) D 80-400 in K-mount. If so, they recon they will anounce it at PMA in March and that the lens will become available soon after.

Just something to ponder on when considering zoom lenses in this range...

Good luck!

Best regards,
Lars
I will be signing up for this D version for sure then. Hoya Pentax will probably make this as a priority ...

I did a bit of google search, not much came up regarding this D version.

In what ways are this lens improved from the previous version?

Thanks

01-12-2007, 05:19 AM   #17
Inactive Account

As I remember it ...

... from their website, which may have been updated, causing this particular information to disappear, the changes in the D version are:

- better coating in the same fashion as Sigma has remade most of their lenses to make them work better with digital sensors.

- new internal design which allows for faster focusing. I guess the new design requires less power and/or less movement to change the focus, which in turn allows the focusing motor in the camera body establish focus faster.

Best regards,
Lars