Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super Takumar 55mm f2 with a strange mount.

I picked up this lens on Ebay and it's absolutely in mint condition. My question concerns the rear on the lens. It has a M42 screw mount but also a lever that moves only when the aperture is opened or closed. The lever moves even when the lens is in auto mode and the aperture stays open. Also the manual/auto switch locks in auto position if the lens is not mounted (a tiny button has to be depressed to allow the switch to move to manual). I attached a photo from the auction of the rear of the lens. The lever is only a shadow in the picture because it is dark. Was this variation of the M42 mount made for a specific Pentax model?

Thanks, John

Attached Images

03-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

It looks like the lever which facilitates open aperture metering on Spotmatic F and ES/ES II.

K, M, A, F, FA, and D FA lenses have a similar lever.
03-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Could be a Fujica ST mount...they metered wide open then used the push pin to stop down. The little tab communicated aperture to the camera.

Don't know if they ever made these in anything but standard M42
03-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
It looks like the lever which facilitates open aperture metering on Spotmatic F and ES/ES II.
I think this is correct. This was mon et found on SMC lenses, but I do have an example of a non-SMC 55 1.8 that has the open aperture metering lever. It's a bonus if you ever get a Spotmatic F or ES. and matters not at all if you are using it on your digital.

woof

03-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the info. For $30 I think I got a real bargain.